Would that really be so bad?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Simon..

That is both Brilliant and Crazy..

................. ...OUTLAW

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

Oh wow, that's EXACTLY what I said to my colleagues at work - only I'm not a cartoon....well....not usually anyway.

• JeffT
    JeffT

Simon, you have inadvertantly (I think) exposed what I don't like about this debate. At bottom line it isn't about science, it is about imposing a life style on people that don't necessarily want it.

If you want all those things, and think they're best for everybody, AND you think you know how to do it. Stand up and say so. I am willing to be convinced, but that won't happen as long as people think they can brush off lying to me.

Just the opinion of this dumb, knuckle dragging, neanderthal, but I think that cartoon belongs next to the Watchtower's comments about how their false prophecies have focused attention on God and the bible.

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

kinda reminds me of a scene from Life of Brian....fingers crossed that this works...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExWfh6sGyso

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Brilliant

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

The cartoon depicts exactly my feelings on the matter as the two most heavily populated

countries in the world namely India and China become more modernized it becomes almost a necessity for those countries

to use alternative energy sources rather than fossil based fuels.

The direction to energy use today will become determining factor to the health of the natural planet and its environment

which humanity is directly apart of.

If by chance that humanity can help in the slowing down of global warming due to this effort, we will win on that account as well.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Jeff T: "Just the opinion of this dumb, knuckle dragging, neanderthal, but I think that cartoon belongs next to the Watchtower's comments about how their false prophecies have focused attention on God and the bible."

Get ready to hear the WT say this:

"The purpose of painting pictures of terrifying impending destruction was done in sincere desire to shock people into action."

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee
    At bottom line it isn't about science, it is about imposing a life style on people that don't necessarily want it.

It is about science - and of course people don't want to give up a life style to which they've become accustomed, one with no limits on consumption. It will require uncomfortable sacrifices.

If you want all those things, and think they're best for everybody, AND you think you know how to do it. Stand up and say so.

Advocates for continued life on this planet are standing up and saying so.

I am willing to be convinced, but that won't happen as long as people think they can brush off lying to me.

Here is the real problem - deniers are not willing to examine the evidence. They have made up their minds in advance and will not listen. Those who are knowledgeable (scientists, environmentalists, anthropologists, biologists, zoologists, climatologists, etc.), must move forward without the consensus of every last sceptic on the planet. The time to turn this ocean liner around is limited.

• beksbks
    beksbks

I'd bet all I have, that if the right wing talkers started to acknowledge the truth of it, all these deniers would suddenly be convinced and feel the need for action.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit