Well my "winter' yard decorations have caught the Elders attention !!!!!

by troubled mind 42 Replies latest jw friends

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

... and it's shaped like the number 0, as in...

6 0 7 BCE

• chickpea
    chickpea

there is nothing overtly "xmas"
    about the sled, wreath, and deer!
    strictly seasonal, like pumpkins in the fall

it isnt like you have a santa or a crèche...
    so you know they are sniffing around to get
    some kind of dirt on you.....

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

He was really trying to get inside the house . But our crazy dog ran outside and covered nicely for me .

There are so many other reasons I imagine why they are suspicious this yr . The decor outside ,and my facebook pic is me sitting on Santa's lap !

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

I would have said, "What decorations? I've had that stuff out there all year long for four years!"

and

"You can come by any time you like but I will probably be sick again."

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Yes, I think you have Christmas figured out, and I love your wallpaper.

Hey, next year why not put up some of those inflatables? I have 4-ft high snow globe, an 8-ft Santa, and Santa in his sleigh that is 12-ft tall at its highest point.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Why not invite them in - don't say a word and offer them a cup o warm eggnog, clink cups and wish them a Merry Christmas.

That should do it.

BTW - wonderful decorations. Lovely indeed.

Jeff

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

Isn't there something in their handbook about not going after someone if they have been inactive over a year ? Or is it because the decorations outside are making a public statement ? To which I think it is left up to ones own conscience because the decor is not Santa or overly Christmas .

I am trying to decide how I will go forth with this .... only because of a couple of witness relatives .

• poppers
    poppers

Tell them the decorations are for those who want to look at and enjoy them, and if there are people who don't like them they don't have to look - you have no control over that.

• tiffy0212
    tiffy0212

Wish they would come to my house. When I light up my tree they will need sunglasses because it's just so great. Tiffy

• nelly136
    nelly136

auzzie oz is right, if you were 'Sister Katherine Jackson', they probably wouldn't bat an eyelid.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit