Well my "winter' yard decorations have caught the Elders attention !!!!!

by troubled mind 42 Replies latest jw friends

• HappyGuy
    HappyGuy

Did this really happen?

They are upset because you have a lighted deer on your lawn and a wreath with a bow on it?

Geeze. I wouldn't have been that nice about it.

• Mary
    Mary
    Elder: " well yes I know you have always liked to decorate, but what we want to know is are you now celebrating Christmas?"

Translation: We're looking for an excuse to disfellowship you even though you haven't been to a meeting in over 4 years.

What a bunch of wankers. If they come by again, do not let them in the house. If they ask if you're celebrating Christmas, just look at them in shock and say "I can't believe you even asked me that!" and slam the door. Either that or if they ask about the decorations, I'd say "I didn't realize that either lights or deers were from pagan origin."

Oh hell, just don't answer the door.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

All the decorations are eay to explain away..

The "Sled and Wreath"..

It`s an Old Sled..

Your Grandfather was killed on it..

When he was a child..

............................. ...OUTLAW

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

The "Deer" is easy to explain too..

We had a storm last night..

A power line fell on the dog..

Thats all that s left..

............................. ...OUTLAW

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Elders: "We've noticed that you might be exercising your First Amendment Rights. If there is one thing Jehovah doesn't like, it's when somebody exercises their First Amendment Rights."

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

The only thing you said wrong was this:

Elder: " Can we come by another time then ?"

Me: "Sure ,another time,"

A better response might have been, "I don't see any need for that." (or something to that effect).

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

You should have just said " Well fellows I guess you noticed my Christmas decorations so does that tell you something ? ".

You should never bow down to these guys they are on a power hunt and a guilt trip and in their own little minds

they think they have the power of god to do just that. The best part of this visit is they most likely wont come calling again,

now that they know you do not want to take part in their power scheme.

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

just remind them katie jackson is too...

oh and i love the just stopping by...meeting times line! like yeah right!

oz

• Jadeen
    Jadeen

I love the sled and wreath with the snowflake in the middle!

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

They may try and JC you even if you avoid them.

Big question is: Do you care?

I was out for three solid years when I got invited to a JC. I gave them a DA letter. If I had it all to do again, I would just have invited them over, and then mooned them, told them to kiss that bare ass, and then invited them back out. Course , I was not as brave then.

Jeff

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit