Will religon eventualy disapear?

by highdose 33 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cantleave
    cantleave

It will still be here maybe fundamentally transformed, but people love to look up to something greater than themselves. Maybe the worlds largest religion in 150 years time will be the Church of the Flying Speghetti Monster! It could even be Bill and Ted's Wylde Stallions.

• zagor
    zagor

Only if humans overnight become rational creatures. Thing is very few things about humans are rational. That is the failure of modern Economics that assumes we always make rational choices based on supply and demand. The truth is though slightly more complex than that.

• beksbks
    beksbks
    Only if humans overnight become rational creatures.

Zagor! Don't rain on my parade! I'd like to think that religion and greed and hunger for power and........................................ nevermind.

• zagor
    zagor

lol beks, I hope you're right my dear, I really hope you're right. Few people would be happier than me if religion goes the way of the dodo. Last figure I remember though, is that over 90% of people are religious in one way or another. Now if someone told me that 90% of population had contracted a form of virus that stalls all brain activity I'd say we'd be in pretty fucked up place as a spice. Even if lots of these are only carriers (in terms of religion having it for the sake of tradition) they still carry it onto their kids, kids being kids have rich imagination and unless they had a really bad experience because of it or were next Richard Dawkins in a way who seriously wanted to know the answers, chances are those early impressions and ideas will stick, just like anything else kids learn or accept in early childhood.

Even now when there is a time of crisis you see an upsurge in attendance of religious sermons. So what we are seeing now is a battle for time. If we as a civilization manage to fix our current crises, chronic poverty, exploitations, transnational crime, cut dependency on foreign oil, not to mention climate change etc, etc then we just might squeeze them out as irrelevant. Otherwise all those things are threatening to plunge us into another dark age.

Unless we manage to fix most of it chances are religion is unfortunately here to stay and we'll have to deal with it. Don't underestimate the power religion has to galvanize people, and those wanting to control masses know it very well. Do you honestly think they are about to throw away thousands of years of proven method? I don't think so. In fact, JW are not the only ones poised to make religion part of our lives, you better believe it. They are only but an insignificant speck. Thousands of different incarnations of Christianity, thousands of different variety of eastern religions, modern mysticism and esotericism etc. etc. Not every one of them are upfront with their intentions like JW. Read the new book Muslim Mafia for example and see their thinking. These guys are planning on a scale of a century or longer, to infiltrate society's underpinnings its institutions, and ultimately government itself. And the funny thing is you can't stop them without being accused of racism or religious intolerance and basically in process shake foundations the society was built on.

The thing is as long as any one of the religions movement want to be dominant then even many moderate people from other religions, say Christianity, have increased chance to 'dig up the trenches' as it were, and get behind their religion. Is sounds to me more the scenario Robert Fisk predicted in his The Great War for Civilisation. I think its the time for all of us to wake up here.

here is just a taste of it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubovFI5ZHVk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSGtPr9M4u4

And that is only what is happening in US, what about the rest of the world?

Cheers

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit