Christmas dinner, my boys don't like ham, We are turkey'd out any ideas?

by restrangled 25 Replies latest jw friends

• beksbks
    beksbks

Outlaw! Yumm. That's how I would go.

Hey R, if you're going to stick with Lasagna, why not make it a bit different? Like a white sauce, or with chicken and pesto, maybe seafood. That's special.

I make a great one with chicken, a bit of italian sausage just for flavor, mushrooms, fresh basil, and white sauce. Just a touch of tomato on the top.

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

How about a beef tenderloin, twice baked potatoes, fresh salad, mulled wine, and an Italian rum cake?

Skeeter

• restrangled
    restrangled

I'd love to include beef, but here in Florida we have the worst of the worst. I have fed more beef to my dog than I care to think about after it's been cooked, marinated, etc.

We get the seconds of any fruit or veggies,...the best of everything is shipped out. We have no farms here raising cattle that I know of so we get the worst of that too in our grocery stores.

Everything we consume comes from Mexico, or out of state.....I mean everything has labels from elsewhere. I raise my own herbs, and bananas, depending on a 2 year climate.

All the best oranges, lemons, limes, etc. get shipped every where else, and then come back here at triple the price that they should be.

The whole thing is a joke.

I grew up in Chicago and always had access to the to the best beef, pork, and chicken. .......Not anymore.

r.

• AdaMakawee
    AdaMakawee

Prime rib is my favorite Christmas Dinner, sorry you don't get good beef there. I'm guessing the Lasagna would be a great dinner though. Sounds delicious.

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

Take the family out for Chinese. Old American Jewish custom :)

gently feral

• PEC
    PEC

Costco had a beautiful, Prime Rib ready to roast. Barbara said no, Pizza it is for Christmas dinner. Philip

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit