Pink Floyd - Your Favorite Songs from Them ? U-tubes welcome !

by flipper 30 Replies latest jw friends

• flipper
    flipper

Pink Floyd in my opinion really kind of fused orchestration with electric guitars in a heavy progressive way which blazed the trail for progressive groups I feel. Here are my all time favs from Pink Floyd and Mr . Gilmour and Watters.

1. Comfortably Numb

2. High Hopes

3. Time

4. Is Anybody Out There ?

5. Cluster One

6. Hey You

7. Marooned

8. Keep Talking

9. Another Brick in the Wall

10. Sorrow & Shine On You Crazy Diamond

So those are about my 10 favorites from Pink Floyd. What about you ? Which songs really did it for you by them ? Great group ! Wish I had seen them live ! I have them on DVD at Albert Hall I believe. Great light show ! Look forward to your takes

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Wish You Were Here and Comfortablely Numb....Hell everything from "The Wall". First time I saw that movie was in a little arthouse theater on University Avenue in Berkeley back in the early 90's. Went by myself. It was better that way.

• Locutus of Borg
    Locutus of Borg

Roger Waters with Van Morrison singing the Chorus, backed up by "The Band", from the sound track of "The Departed". Un-frikkin'-believable . . .

. . . Comfortably Numb:

http://larryking01.multiply.com/video/item/1

• littlerockguy
  • dissed
    dissed

The Wall = Classic!

Okay, Flipper, what's your next choice, Peter, Paul, and Mary? lol

• Finally-Free
  • Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

And this one brings back memories...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8S9QK5FaSY

• flipper
    flipper

MRS. JONES- I agree. " Comfortably Numb " was freaking awesome ! Still is. I really liked " The Wall " LP AND the movie as well ! Really well done and I felt a good object lesson in the movie " The Wall " about how isolated famous rock stars can be from everybody else and the damage it does. Also it was interesting to see the insane teachers who were abusive to the kids spreading " mind control " to them. Reminds me of the WT society and how they infiltrate witnesses minds ! LOL!

LOTUCUS- Awesome video ! Thanks.

LITTLEROCKGUY- Us and Them was great !

DISSED- The Wall a classic for sure ! Peter , Paul, and Mary ? You really are going SOFT tonight aren't you ? LOL! Won't be catching ME putting a PPM thread up anytime soon ! LOL!

FINALLY FREE- Great u-tube ! Pigs , cool ! I love the " Animals " CD or lp. It really has some imaginative music on it. Floyd was on their game with that album

• Spectre
    Spectre

I think Run Like Hell is my favorite. I love that guitar line in there.

It was a memorable show when I saw them back in '92 or so.

• JeffT
    JeffT

Way to many good ones. Comfortably Numb, all of Umma Gumma and Dark Side of the Moon.

There was nothing like turning off all the lights (except the black light) and listening to Careful with that Axe Eugene. I never saw the movie "More" but they did a great soundtrack for it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit