...but luckily my wife's car ran off the road.

by HappyGuy 40 Replies latest jw friends

• HappyGuy
    HappyGuy

My wife is traveling from New England to the deep south by car (I told her to fly, but NOOOOO). She called me earlier today saying that she was in a bad snow storm. I called the best hotel I could find at the next exit from where she was when she called me. She got panicky due to the bad visibility and bad road conditions and exited the interstate at that same exit, this was before I had a chance to call her to let her know where to get off, then her car ran off the road and didn't quite hit a street sign. She called me all frantic, so I said "what does the street sign say?", She replied "countryside lane", I said "my what a coincidence your hotel is on countryside lane". She was a few hundred feet from the hotel, so she got back on the road and turned right and went around the corner and there was the hotel.

Lucky that her car ran off the road.

She wasn't hurt by the way, thanks for asking. And more importantly her car wasn't hurt either.

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

Wow....thank goodness all is okay! sammieswife

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Scary, went through something similar on our drive out to California from Indiana back in April. Hit a snowstorm in Missouri and had to get off the highway quick. Knew it was bad when a big truck in front of me disappeared. Glad your wife is OK.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Happy,

The lord works in strange ways(joke). Glad to see everything turned out happy ending.

• dissed
    dissed

Yikes! Glad it turned out okay.

"More importantly, the car was okay????" Happy guy????? Shame on you!!

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

You're all a bunch of weenies.

It was -51 here this last week.

I put snow tires on my truck and plow through it all....lol.

• HappyGuy
    HappyGuy

palmtree,

where do you live? north eastern Siberia?

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

I am 200 kms from the Arctic Circle.

Today was nicer. About -12.

I go to work in the dark and come home in the dark. In the summer, it never gets dark at night, ....only dusky.

BTW, sliding off the road is not fun.....glad everyone is okay!

• aligot ripounsous
    aligot ripounsous

I am 200 kms from the Arctic Circle.

Palmtree, we know, now, a few of your wildest dreams.

• nelly136
    nelly136

And more importantly her car wasn't hurt either

am glad theyre both ok.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit