Christmas, the worst time of year for Jehovah's Witnesses

by koolaid-man 34 Replies latest jw friends

• koolaid-man
    koolaid-man

The Holidays are here and they certainly do present a problem for Jehovah's Witnesses once again. Christmas parties at work, getting Christmas bonuses, dealing with Holiday greetings, Christmas carols, decorated trees and houses, Santa Claus everywhere, Christmas candy, sleighbells ringing brings the Witnesses into a very troubling and disturbing time of year.How do most Witnesses handle it all? We will be discussing these questions with former Witnesses and active Witnesses on the conference call this Saturday night, December 19,2009 at 7 p.m. The conference call is presented like a radio talk show program. People dial in from all over the world to listen in as well as speak up about their feelings concerning the Watchtower org. It's easy to get on the call, just dial 712-432-8710 and when asked for pin use 9925. We will also be discussing the top ten news stories in the world of the Jehovah's Witnesses for the year 2009. The lines open at 6:30 pm. Eastern standard time. So come in early and talk with all of those who have been "touched by the tentacles of the Watchtower". http://www.sixscreensofthewatchtower.com/sixscreens-conferencecall.html

• Walkin
    Walkin

It was the time to offer "The Greatest Man" book.

Walkin

• chickpea
    chickpea

Christmas, the worst time of year for Jehovah's Witnesses

hard to garner much empathy for a circumstance they choose to be in....

a self-inflicted wound gets no sympathy on the ortho-ward.....
    (quote from jim, a viet nam vet with multiple purple heart medals)

• mouthy
    mouthy

Well I have to say it is a hard time for THIS EX JW,My hubby I made his life miserable at Christmas(not a JW)
    my kids are gone( except 1)
    I made Melanie a JW( dead)
    Alan ( dead) although we had nothing to do with HIS Christmas
    Annmarie ( is still JW)
    Heather ( still JW( grandchild)
    So all I do at this time is remember all those who's life I ruined

• alanv
    alanv

Rick how about trying to get hold of the 2009 complete service report for Saturday. That would interest a lot of us.

• ziddina
    ziddina

Awww, Mouthy......

Here's some sparkly stuff - hopefully this will assist you to think about the pleasant things within this season... Zid

jk

• arwen
    arwen

Grace my dear.. You are such a sweetheart.. I wish you didnt carry that guilt with you.. We cant change the past and you did what you thought was best at the time.. That is the only thinking I can reconcile myself with. You are perfect in the eyes of our Lord and He wouldnt want you to feel guilty.. He would want you to be happy..

"To grow, you must be willing to let your present and future be totally unlike your past. Your history is not your destiny.".........Just remember that.. Your history is not your destiny.. I love you Grace.. Blessed Christmas!
  • mouthy
    mouthy

You kids will have to send Kleenex with your comments. LOL

Thank you so much I will try to remember your words to me (((HUG

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

This idea could be converted from "Jews" to "Jehovah's Witnesses" to point out the advantages of being JW at Christmas time.

CHRISTMAS TIME FOR THE JEWS

http://www.movieweb.com/tv/TEth6uxzDi7Fwy/HU94Vh9c4nkVca

• keyser soze
    keyser soze
    Christmas parties at work, getting Christmas bonuses, dealing with Holiday greetings, Christmas carols, decorated trees and houses, Santa Claus everywhere, Christmas candy, sleighbells ringing brings the Witnesses into a very troubling and disturbing time of year.

The majority of JWs I know, actually accept Christmas bonuses. The rest I doubt they care too much about. I certainly didn't when I was a believing JW who considered Christmas to be pagan. When you haven't celebrated it your whole life, you don't really have a concept of what you are missing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit