Why are baby showers acceptable and not birthdays

by insearchoftruth 27 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

That is the driving factor of everything!!!

Yes it is..

And..

All decisions can be changed in a Heartbeat..

The WBT$ God..Is Fickle..

.................... ...OUTLAW

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

of course the WT celebrated their own 100th b-day

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth

I guess when you have a captive audience and get them to sit on the edge of your seats ready to follow whatever you say, you can make whatever rules you want, and change them at any time you want............

• dig692
    dig692

What a great question/post! I never even gave this a second thought before.

When the JWs I know want to throw me a baby shower I'm going to respectfully decline and give the reason that I wouldn't feel comfortable giving my baby a pre-birth party because it glorifies him and not JG.

I wonder what their justification would be?

• treadnh2o
    treadnh2o

Blondie,

My wife had a baby shower a few back and the sister organizing it made it a point top quote that article so no one signed their card.

Made sending thank you cards easier.

BTW-My wife is having a baby shower in three weeks for our expecting baby. (Due in 6 weeks)

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Baby showers are acceptable because Boozerford didn't live long enough to ban them along with birthdays. And Knorr missed them.

Of course, that doesn't mean the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger won't gather one year and say "Hmm, we seemed to have missed something. Wedding anniversaries and baby showers are putting a leak on our fun-proof barrier. We need to do something about these--How about putting out a Washtowel article putting these items on a par with birthdays?" At which point, baby showers and wedding anniversaries would join the list of celebrations for which you could get disfellowshipped.

And, they might want to wait three weeks--for the real celebration. If word ever gets around that babies do get killed (and eaten) by the witlesses, they might just put that in the Bible (or their version) and ban baby showers. Just makes me want to puke about the fact that I used to be in that religion.

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth

Well she went to the shower and remarked about all the great gifts that were given.....sure seems like a glorification of a child or a mother to me.......but that is just me

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

My daughter-in-law gave a very nice baby shower for her cousin's wife. The next day at the meeting the elder husband of one of the attendees counselled her about the games. He read something from the WT which my daughter-in-law couldn't remember because she was in so much shock. I was at the shower, and there was absolutely nothing wrong with any of the games, even though they weren't Bible games. For one of the games, they passed around little bags with a different baby item in each bag and they ladies had to write down what they thought was in the bag. One of the items was a breast pad--was that bad? Another game had something to do with crossing the leg. Somebody made the remark that the mother should have kept her legs crossed.

One good thing came out of this. Daughter-in-law stopped going to meetings.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit