Anyone here on their own found a bible most true to original language?

by EndofMysteries 22 Replies latest watchtower bible

• freydo
    freydo

"A bit off....." - Is that one man's opinion?

• freydo
    freydo

In Consequence of Culture
    The Case in Favor of a
    Hebrew-influenced
    New Testament Translation
    by David Ison

"After Messiah’s resurrection and ascension, a new rubric began to form. Messengers, bearing good tidings, went forth into all nations, proclaiming the terms of a renewed Covenant and taught their doctrines with fire fresh from the Spirit. Over time, the Church emerged, consumed with relentless zeal in pursuing its vision of the Great Commission. It now promulgated on its own authority new ordinances, designed to demarcate, and even to coronate before the world, its nascent solemn epiphanies. So a new generation of teaching quickly ensued, propelled into the mainstream by pastors, leaders, and teachers who had little or no understanding or familiarity with the Hebrew Masoretic texts. An unprecedented notion was heralded by the Church: that a “New” covenant had been introduced and the former had passed away (Heb 8:6-13).

Then, as if to say these precious Hebrew texts which had so long served the people of God were in exigent need of revision, the Church cast into the annals of history its record of the various councils and committees, which at their end conferred to all the world a kind of canon nouveaux of sacred text. Its Greek inspired selections were now regarded as equal to or of even greater authority than the Masoretic.............Those who are not Jewish will not understand how completely unthinkable it is to place a letter of correspondence into the same category as the scripture....."

http://shma-israel.org/articles/In_Consequence_Shma_2007_09_08.pdf

• Satanus
    Satanus

When i was a bible fan, i settled on the nrsv, because it's lineage goes back to the king james. Yet, it has the newest input resulting from the dead sea scrolls work. It's still fairly easy to read. For one that slants more to readability, i favored the niv.

S

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit