Jehovah does not live by his own rules

by sinis 33 Replies latest watchtower bible

• sinis
    sinis

WOW... we have a ton of Yahweh apologists on this board... scary...

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Amazing isn't that probably the most violent of the supposed gods in recorded history, that people worship this god

right to this very day, from thousands of years ago when the primitive and ancient culture of the Israelites said he did.

Fear, superstition and ignorance add that to need and want of power by men and you have the Jehovah's Witnesses.

www.evilbible.com

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Oracle

Deputy Dog, with all due respect that is a scary viewpoint.

Sorry O! But that is how I believe God is revealed in the bible.

Let me ask you: If you were an almighty superpower with dominion over a group of inferior creatures would you behave in the same way the God of the bible has? By killing many of your creatures when they fail to worship you?

These are invalid questions. We're not God so how could we relate? Since when did you become God's Judge? How would you like being judged by a dung beatle? A dung beatle is infinately more qualified to judge you, than you are to judge God.

HappyGuy

Since Jehovah's "rules" supposedly establish the ultimate moral code, and Jehovah does not follow the moral code, then Jehovah is amoral, that is a psychopath, which is the point I have been making all along. Thank you for clarifying that for us Deputy Dog.

Not so fast. First, (other than yourself) who ever said, the human moral code was the "ultimate" one?

Just because God doesn't operate under the same rules (or morals) as humans, does not mean that he doesn't have an even higher code, or understand morality infinitely better than we do.

It can very well be said that God alone, is supermoral.

Please be aware, I am not, nor ever was a JW.

• gubberningbody
    gubberningbody

To most JW's might makes right. Jehovah's the almighty, so he's almighty right.

It's that thought pattern which creates a world where the faithful imagine they render sacred service to God by persecuting others.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit