Jehovah does not live by his own rules

by sinis 33 Replies latest watchtower bible

• sinis
    sinis

I find it mind numbing that JW's and religios in particular never see this. Jehovah is the patron god of the Jews. Yet he treats them like utter shit, worse than slaves. However, here is the part that many do not see, Jehovah was helping the Jews to their promised land. Hmmm, the ten commandments explicity says:

6 I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of slavery;
    7 you shall have no other gods before me.

8 You shall not make for yourself an idol, whether in the form of anything that is in heaven above, or that is on the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.

9 You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I the Lord your God am a jealous God, punishing children for the iniquity of parents, to the third and fourth generation of those who reject me,

10 but showing steadfast love to the thousandth generation of those who love me and keep my commandments.

11 You shall not make wrongful use of the name of the Lord your God, for the Lord will not acquit anyone who misuses his name.

12 Observe the sabbath day and keep it holy, as the Lord your God commanded you.

13 For six days you shall labour and do all your work.

14 But the seventh day is a sabbath to the Lord your God; you shall not do any work-you, or your son or your daughter, or your male or female slave, or your ox or your donkey, or any of your livestock, or the resident alien in your towns, so that your male and female slave may rest as well as you.

15 Remember that you were a slave in the land of Egypt, and the Lord your God brought you out from there with a mighty hand and an outstretched arm; therefore the Lord your God commanded you to keep the sabbath day.

16 Honor your father and your mother, as the Lord your God commanded you, so that your days may be long and that it may go well with you in the land that the Lord your God is giving you.

17 You shall not murder.

18 Neither shall you commit adultery.

19 Neither shall you steal.

20 Neither shall you bear false witness against your neighbor.

21 Neither shall you covet your neighbor's wife. Neither shall you desire your neighbor's house, or field, or male or female slave, or ox, or donkey, or anything that belongs to your neighbor.

Yet, he violates rule #1 and #2 when instructing Aaron and Moses to make a copper serpent for the people to look at to get healed from their snake bites. Then he violates #6, #7, #8, #9, #10 when he goes on his quest to STEAL land from other tribes, MURDERS them, COVETS their possessions by giving them to the Jews, and allowing ADULTERY/FORNICATION when instructing his people to take all of the girls and women whom have not known a man for thier own use. Now what kind of "God" can't follow his own shitty guidelines??????

• glenster
    glenster

A quick answer might be that to sin is to go against God, so if He had them
    make an exception (such as the executioner not being held for murder for
    executing a murderer) it wasn't a sin.

• Larsinger58
    Larsinger58

sinis. You sound like an atheist. I've been hanging out with a lot of them lately and a lot of them are ANGRY with the God of the Bible. They just can't get over the politics.

Well, some of us are going to live and some of us are going to die. Some of us are going to be very, very happy. And some of us will not.

I'm one of the happy ones.

I'm one of the chosen ones.

I feel great.

LS

• HintOfLime
    HintOfLime
    I've been hanging out with a lot of them lately and a lot of them are ANGRY with the God of the Bible.

You say that as if it automatically proves something. Angry people = wrong. God is often angry in the Old Testament, by your logic, doesn't that make him wrong?

If there is a God, and he really did the things in the Old Testament - the question is "Why shouldn't we be angry?" It's no secret that God does some dispicable things in the Old Testament, whether you want to excuse him for it or not.

Why aren't you angry? Is it ok for God to think and behave as bad and sometimes worse than your average human leader?

It's all absolute nonsense of course. God as portrayed in the bible is far to emotionally driven to be a wise, all-knowing, intellegent creator. For God to become angry at humans is as nonsensical as me becomming angry at my computer for behaving as I programmed it, but not as I intended to program it. A God that responds emotionally to his subjects doing exactly what they are programmed to do is stupidity.

- Lime

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Jehovah does not live by his own rules

Nor should he.

I find it mind numbing that JW's and religios in particular never see this.

I won't speak for anyone else, but I've seen it, and don't have a problem with it. God (the Father) truly is above the law He gave humans to obey, because He is not human. When Christ (God the Son) became human He obeyed it to the T.

• Larsinger58
    Larsinger58

Why aren't you angry? Is it ok for God to think and behave as bad and sometimes worse than your average human leader?

Well, in actuality, Melchizedek was a Canaanite and a king-priest of Yahweh. The Canaanites knew who Yahweh was and what his reqiurements were. God has a reputation of sending out prophets to warn ahead of his destruction, like he sent out Noah. Man has a habit of ignoring the prophets and so they get whacked, as in the Global flood.

So God didn't kill anybody who didn't have a chance to repent. These were disobedient people and their time ended just as it will end for this system of things who will want Obama to be their leader instead of whom God has chosen to be Jesus Christ at the second coming.

God's legal policy about children is that if the parents are righteous then their children get saved with them. If the parents are wicked, then those children are just as if still in the womb of the mother, when the mother dies so do the dependent children.

But of course the world doesn't see it that way. Those atheists are SOOOOO sentimental like all those people who spray paint women wearing fabulous furs because some cute furry creature was killed in order for the luxury. How sad. Yet they eat at McDonald's every day, that is, every day they are not at KFC! What about all those poor chickens and poor cows? Is there any difference? NO! The sentiments of the world are distorted by Satan, as usual.

But not to worry. In order not to go through all that "red tape" God is pleading nolo contendere here. You can judge him as you want, because everybody is going to die regardless. It's a requirement and RIGHT of a creator to decide the lifespan of his creatures. So he has said everybody must die once, including Jesus Christ. No exceptions. One cannot accuse God, therefore, of being partial in this point.

Only, after death, some will be raised back to life and some won't be.

So your court case against God is scheduled the day after your death. We'll discuss it then. You can accuse God all you want to.

I'll be there. Oops! Case thrown out of court if you don't show up though.

LS

• Satanus
    Satanus

If jehovah isn't obligated to follow the rules he gave to humans in dealing w them, then he is not an example to follow IN ANYTHING. All of his dealings, as described to him in the bible are of no value w regard to learning how we should deal w others. As well, what can be learned from his creation is worthless in the developing of our values. Effectively, there are two sets of laws in the biblically based paradigm, one which is set for humans to follow, and another by which the biblegod carries on. Although, seeing all of the above, the biblegod may not act according to any humanly knowable laws.

S

• The Oracle
    The Oracle

Deputy Dog, with all due respect that is a scary viewpoint.

Let me ask you: If you were an almighty superpower with dominion over a group of inferior creatures would you behave in the same way the God of the bible has? By killing many of your creatures when they fail to worship you?

Would you be so concerned about being "worshipped"?

If you would be, may I suggest that you would be universally classified as something we refer to as an a-hole. Personally, I honestly don't believe you would behave in this manner, based on what I know of your character through your posts, and thus would not be classified as such. However, the one many people choose to call God and whom they pledge their allegience to most certainly is concerned with being "worshipped, and therefore he rightfully earns the classification.

The Oracle

(having fun on a Thursday night)

• aSphereisnotaCircle
    aSphereisnotaCircle

sinis. You sound like an atheist. I've been hanging out with a lot of them lately and a lot of them are ANGRY with the God of the Bible. They just can't get over the politics.

Impossible, you can't be angry at something you believe is non existent.

I'm not pissed at Santa for never bringing me presents, I know he does not exist.

If I'm mad at not getting presents, I would have to be mad at my parents.

• glenster
    glenster

Behold--the great wall of text.

The concept of God is as provider/overseer,etc., of it all, and a higher
    quality being that therefore owns it all. Worship means worth ship, so He could
    require His due in that regard without it being out of line.

A PC with consistent results is a bad example of a human with free will
    pleasing with some results but displeasing with others. It's more like if
    someone created extremely advanced AI akin to human intelligence, subjective
    reactions, etc., creating widely varying results and was pleased with this and
    displeased with that.

Regarding not following the laws--they refer to thou etc. not we etc. The
    concept of God has Him as the creator/sustainer whatever, and as such would have
    the prerogative to give or not give life, to give whatever length or quality of
    life, and it's all fair game since it's all His to do with as He wants. Humans
    wouldn't have that prerogative, so the rules wouldn't be the same.

In the OT, those laws given above require people to show some of the basics of
    ethics to each other with their free will, and otherwise acknowledge a God who,
    by the OT stories, was making divine interventions, which changes the responsi-
    bility to Him He could ask for.

That said, I like how it improves in the NT with Jesus, etc., and there not
    being a need for a nation with a military to defend it, execution if you convert
    from it, and ethically arbitrary food and clothes rules. (I think making it or
    Sharia the law of the land centuries later were a regression in that regard, or
    Stalin making non-belief something he punished variance from.)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit