As A Witness, Were You Intrigued By Prophecy?

by minimus 20 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I knew some JWs that LIVED for examining so -called Bible prophecy per Watchtower interpretation. Everytime they thought a "new point" was being brought out in a Watchtower, they would begin their speculations and discuss their views with like minded theorists.

Personally, I never got into Bible prophecy, especially after realizing how the Watchtower has changed their opinions over the years.

Did you really get into prophecy or were you more into other aspects of JWism?

• minimus
    minimus

I know Larsinger loves prophecy. He's got it all figured out and honestly, it's as believable as any Watchtower's publication.

I kind of think that if you don't believe Watchtower Bible prophecy is all that believable, a Jehovah's Witness' faith is not all that strong.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

I was among the 'intrigued'. I held my breath waiting for the next 'new understanding' of it. I held all the prophecy talk outlines too - I could explain it back and forward.

I look back and shake my head. I can't even find my Bible these days - THANK GOD.

Jeff

• treadnh2o
    treadnh2o

I was always annoyed at the dubs that would try to figure out and discuss prophecy. I always felt you could back into a "prophecy"using various dates and/or interpretations.

I'm sure these same people are sitting around trying to figure out how Obama fits in to the fall of Babylon the Great, as they did with Bush, Clinton, Bush, etc.

• minimus
    minimus

Then you get an admonition in the Watchtower and at Conventions not to "speculate". The next Watchtower article would itself contain further speculation. Accurately trying to ascertain what will happen in the future is impossible to do. They're no better than Nostradamus.

• minimus
    minimus

No one wants to talk about prophecy.

• Walkin
    Walkin

In the book of Daniel,"The March Of The World Powers" got me good. I did the public talk on that one, the head of gold representated such and such etc. Down to the toes where we are supposed to be right now!

Walkin

• treadnh2o
    treadnh2o

Walkin

I had that outline also. When I would give the talk It felt cartoonish (maybe thats why I got so many compliments) in my mind. The whole prophecy felt so made up with very little basis.

Yet everyone was drinking the Kool-Aid!

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Perhaps intrigued but mostly captured by fear.

When your a child and you take in all this death and destruction about to occur your more than just intrigued,

your mentally captivated and held into submission.

• minimus
    minimus

I stayed away from prophecy talks.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit