Which is the bigger lie?

by JimmyPage 14 Replies latest jw friends

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

Telling your kids there is a Santa Claus... or telling them they will never grow old and die? I know which one I find more hurtful.

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

All kids eventually find out that Santa Claus isn't real. Millions of adults will die believing the other lie is real.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

I know which one hurt my mum more!

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

or telling them they will never grow old and die?

I`ve watched people grow old and die believing that lie..

They never figure it out..

Everyone figures out the Santa story..

................ ...OUTLAW

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

When a child is gullable, people think "it's cute".

When an adult is gullable, people think it is foolish.

When governing bodies think they can continue to get away with making rules that destroy peoples families and their childrens ambitions, it will eventually come back to bite them in the ass.

• Edington
    Edington

I remember a WT or Awake magazine where the WBTS made a real song & dance about the damage caused to a child when it realised their mom & pop had LIED about there being a Sant Claus!

'MOTHER' must realise SURELY the damage it has done to generations of kids who grew up TOTALLY believing they will 'play wiv all de aminals & never grow old'.........

and they never played with all the animals & they grew up & GREW OLD!

Now that is the type of LIE that damages a child because it can so easily influence you put your life on hold waiting for the 'New World'

Ed

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

You are so right, biggest lie of them all, should be a law against it.

Should have been in the "new Order" for 34 years now, wat a load of crap.

Never grow old, physical ailments gone.........yeah right.

Sucked in badly.

• poppers
    poppers

Put a patina of religion on something and lots of people will take it seriously, even the lunacy the JWs pedal. It's hard to give up religious ideas unless you are willing to think for yourself, and when those ideas are lies the effects they have are life changing. The lie of Santa Claus will disappoint some, but not for long. The lies of the WT go beyond simple disappointment and can cause lasting damage, not only for those still in but for those who've escaped.

• carla
    carla

Santa was a real person and his spirit of giving lives on. I do not know one person who feels they were 'damaged' by believing in Santa when they were little and finding out it was Mom & Dad. I do know many people who did not tell their parents that they knew it was them for years because they liked the fantasy and magic of the season and knew it would change their childhood for good when it was all out in the open. And it does, it changes the atmosphere a little in the house once there is no Santa anymore. Not good or bad just different, kids have a habit of growing up don't they?

I still hide my presents and wait until everybody is in bed to put the gifts & stockings out! I still label some from Santa! though I no longer have to devise a Santa handwriting! My kids have great memories, my tree is laden with memories of hand made ornaments (and bought ones too). My tree is like a mini history of my kids growing up as we made truly beautiful (art quality) ornaments every year for years as gifts and spent many hours around the table making them laughing and talking. Quantity time breeds real conversation and we talked about everything during our craft times. We did projects all year long of course but at Christmas it was more special somehow.

Merry Christmas!

• keyser soze
    keyser soze
    All kids eventually find out that Santa Claus isn't real. Millions of adults will die believing the other lie is real.

Exactly. Kids generally grow out of Santa Claus by the time they're about 10. And they don't put their lives on hold waiting for Santa Claus to come.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit