Something My GF Noticed.........

by ColdRedRain 17 Replies latest jw friends

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

Today, I was hanging out with my girlfriend and we were bored and cold, so we went over to my mom's Kingdom Hall just to show her what a cult looks like. I was demonstrating to her how the witnesses use vague, emotion driven speech to try to conjure up the strong feelings in their members so they could control them easier, but I didn't pick this tiny tidbit up. We kind of listened to the beat of the Kingdom Melody and we noticed something very odd.... The Kingdom Songs' cadences are the same rythmic cadences a hypnotist would use to hypnotize a person.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Is a cadence out of tune still hypnotic?

Are these the NEW SONGS advertised in Revelation that they are singing out of the new books now?

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

you need to play them backwards .... they say "SIMON IS GOD"

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I was thinking more like "I buried Paul"

• teel
    teel
    you need to play them backwards .... they say "SIMON IS GOD"

So there's a new song called "Dog sin o' miss"?

• iMARX
    iMARX

Wow, no offence but what's a cadence?

• Robdar
    Robdar

Wow, no offence but what's a cadence?

cadence means "rhythm" or "flow"

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

There was a great post on here a coupla years ago about how the whole public talk and WT study is one big group hypnosis session.

Until I read that post I never realized that there are NO uptempo songs in the songbook. This is use to soothe the mind and soften it for the hypnotic session

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

This is a great point. One of the first things I noticed when I first attended an Advent Lutheran service was how much more upbeat the music was; instead of lulling you to sleep, it actually woke you up.

Also, I noticed how Jesus is praised and God is actually worshipped in other churches....whereas the JW's songs are all about obediance, the F&DS, preaching, etc, etc.

- Wing Commnader

• sacolton
    sacolton

Also, remember the song "We Are Jehovah's Witnesses"? Why on earth are we singing about ourselves when we should be giving glory to God? That song was haughty and boastful.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit