My husband admitted being too fearful to leave the JWs

by doublelife 16 Replies latest jw friends

• wobble
    wobble

I John 4v18 says " There is no fear in love,but perfect love throws fear outside,because fear exercises a restraint. Indeed, he that is under ferar has not been made perfect in love "

If the WT/Jw's is Gods organization, serving the God of love, there should be nothing to fear from it, and if you have made a mistake by leaving it the God of love should show you the proof that it is his organization, and you would return.

I for many a long weary year, (58!), stayed in thinking Jehovah would put the mess that is the WT right, because his name was on it. He has had 95 years to correct the false 1914 doctrine.

I came to the conclusion He was no more interested in the WT than any other false religion, or any other organization.

I do hope you can help your husband to come to the same conclusion, but remember the good advice above, and take it slowly.

Good Luck,

love

Wobble

• nugget
    nugget

I was recently where your husband is now. What finally turned the light bulb on in my head was reading the 19th wife a history of the early Mormon church. After reading the book I said to my husband that I couldn't believe how people could accept the beliefs of the church when the leaders behaved so badly. How could they have thought that God was using them?

My husband then said "well have you looked at the early history of the organisation?" He showed me about Rutherford and Russell use of pyramidology. From there it was a short leap into Steve Hassan (He told me after I read it, that it was on the apostate list.) Then Crisis of conscience.

As Steve Hassan pointed out it is easier for people in a cult to see the flaws in other cults. The trick is to make them see the connection with the cult they are in.

Hope this helps.

• carla
    carla

"even though the society might be wrong about some things," - I don't get this thinking from jw's because they use it in the reverse when it suits them! Remember a wt or asleep that has the drop of poison ananlogy in it? something on the order of 'even if another relgion has some truths it is like a glass of water with a drop of poison in it and you wouldn't drink it' . I will have to look for that quote I guess. At any rate jw's obviously see wrong teachings within the org. How could these wrong teachings come from God? If they are God's sole channel on earth?

• metatron
    metatron

And what do myriad experiences such as this one prove?

The Watchtower's claim to be a clean, God-approved organization is a rank lie. How so? Because while busybody elders expel fornicating teenagers and loudly claim they are "keeping Jehovah's organization clean", in fact, it's all a fantasy.

The organization is loaded with people faking belief and apostates feeding information to the internet continuously. A nearly unbroken stream of elders visit this site and express dissatisfaction with Watchtower leadership - and this has been going on for years.

metatron

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

If it makes you feel any better, I think you are doing great. You got your husband to open his mind a little bit and admit "fear."
    While I am making progress with my wife, it is slow and she never admits even the slightest problem with WTS. I have to approach everything in a round-about way.

Be sure to finish both of Steve Hassan's books. If you are still reading the first one, it is awesome. It opens YOUR mind as you read it. It clears things up for you. But if you cannot get your husband to read it, the second book (RELEASING THE BONDS) really fits the long-haul process of helping a loved one to realize they are in a cult. But maybe learn to stop using the word "cult" around him- that can help. You will learn how to respond to thoughts like "Jehovah will clear it all up in due time." Also, try reading some of the doctrine flip-flops at sites like jwfacts.com. That will help you see the flaws in the doctrine and the way we thought about it.

I'd like to promise you that it will all work out in the end, but it hasn't yet for me or many others. Still, you have done great so far, so keep hope alive.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Word, metatron. Word.

• Chalam
    Chalam

Hi,

Yes Wobble has it. Here' another angle

Hebrews 2:9-15 (New International Version)

9 But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels, now crowned with glory and honor because he suffered death, so that by the grace of God he might taste death for everyone.

10 In bringing many sons to glory, it was fitting that God, for whom and through whom everything exists, should make the author of their salvation perfect through suffering. 11 Both the one who makes men holy and those who are made holy are of the same family. So Jesus is not ashamed to call them brothers. 12 He says,
    "I will declare your name to my brothers;
    in the presence of the congregation I will sing your praises." 13 And again,
    "I will put my trust in him." And again he says,
    "Here am I, and the children God has given me."

14 Since the children have flesh and blood, he too shared in their humanity so that by his death he might destroy him who holds the power of death—that is, the devil— 15 and free those who all their lives were held in slavery by their fear of death.

JWs are in fear of death. They are neither sons of God or brothers of Jesus.

Strange how he would think that "other religions" have God's Spirit but that God doesn't approve of them?

Blessings,

Stephen

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit