Yesterday's WT

by WalkTall 22 Replies latest jw friends

• WalkTall
    WalkTall

The whole WT yesterday, which was supposed to be about love, actually centered on how we should react to 'persecutors'. It was horrible to hear the audience comments...calling 'worldly people' everything from 'they are unkind and mean' to them being 'hateful and unneighborly'. I sat there and thought about how this 'us vs. them' mentality is the very thing that is contributing to the divisive and separatist world we live in. The WT is one of the top on this list, in my opinion, contributing to this sorry state, but all religions that claim exclusivity are promoting this type of thinking. Throw in nationalism, and we have a world of human beings that can't get along leading to strife, war, and injustice.

So, although it seemed like an innocent topic about how to be loving to persecutors, it was actually teaching that it is okay to have a deep seated resentment and ill-will towards people who disagree with us or do not like us. The whole thing was so arrogant in its tone regarding getting others to accept the JW stand and point of view, however, wouldn't a real lesson based on Christ's teachings be about acceptance and tolerance all the way around? It astounds me that they don't see that.

• Walkin
    Walkin

Hi Walk Tall! When they are willing to shun and break up their own families, it shoud come as no surprise that they would behave this way toward the world.

They do not have the Christlike personality, as this Watchtower lesson demonstrated.

And remember this study article is not for the public, it is for the rank and file only.

Walkin

• Heaven
    Heaven

This was (and obviously still is) among many things that led me to the conclusion that they are not Christians... they are Jehovans. They only follow the Bible when it suits their doctrines and beliefs. Everything else, they've made up. It's all part of the cult. My family has suffered because of it. It is very sad.

• mouthy
    mouthy

That is how to recognise a cult. Hate all except
    within" our group!!!!!They do a good job of it ....

Hate,hate, hate.

• Gayle
    Gayle

Just barely under their thoughts of 'love' your persecutors and just people just peacefully not interested in JWdom, is the belief of constantly hardly waiting for soon for Armageddon till God destroys everyone not JWs.

• sacolton
    sacolton

It's all black & white. Good versus evil.

• I quit!
    I quit!

"It was horrible to hear the audience comments...calling 'worldly people' everything from 'they are unkind and mean' to them being 'hateful and unneighborly'. "

I would say their comments are right in line with their gods. Remember he plans on killing everyone that isn't going to these meeting learning this crap. If they didn't feel this way about "worldly people" they would have to admit their god was an insane tyrant and then he would be looking to kill them for noticing he was a mad.

• awildflower
    awildflower

Love what you said Walktall. In fact ALL wars, conflicts, disagreements, even small arguments are based on this divisive way of thinking. What you discribed doesn't sound any different than the extremist in other regions of the world! It's all got the same MO. Anything that divides is NOT from God/Source and it's is NOT what Jesus message was, quite the opposite. When are humans going to catch on to the fact that we are all connected. The sooner we grasp that, the sooner we will start to bring about true peace on earth. I'm sorry you had to sit through that superior, unloving, hypocritical wt! Great thread..................wf

• WalkTall
    WalkTall

I think the insidious nature of their writing shows that the WT mag has the hallmarks of propaganda. The article appeared to be about showing love rather than retaliation, however, the true message conveyed is that anyone who is not a JW is your enemy.

• Simon Morley
    Simon Morley

I choose to focus on Par 8 where it spoke of Peaceableness & Restraint. If you are going to be a peacemaker in the cong. then it behooves one to be a person of restrian - especially with ones tongue. Partial Distinctions and Hypocrisy abound amongst the R&F - nothing close to what I have found amongst my "aquaintences" out in the "world". I tell you that the meansprittedness of many makes it dam hard to be peaceable with them.

I am also shocked how many don't study anymore. Even with my doubts I can still get a good comment in that can be taken both ways without raising the enybrows of the BOE. Default comments to how good we are, local expreinces that are heavily embelished along the lines of a call in the territory giving a great donation because I turned the other cheek when she told me to "f**k off. Add to that a sister who went on about how she stands up to her unbelieving husband, how he has s**tty things to say about witnesses - LOL - she screwed with him, got DF'd, reinstated and now she comes off all self righteous!

Honestly, the defult RoboWT Conductor is no better. Watches the clock to wish he was home rather than keep the thing moving along. He just does not seem to get the study - it was not all about being peaceable with so called householders, but from the tone of the comments you would think it was anything but. I could have answered that "a householder picked their nose an flicked it at me but i was able to duck due to the HS and the wind caught it and blew it right back at him, making him feel fearful and asking for an immediate study and apologizing profusely" and I would have got "Good Comment, "Thank you for sharing that with us", "good application of the study material" - gag.

Simon Morley

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit