Do I exist?

by acolytes 26 Replies latest watchtower bible

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Just thought I would post a little on " What the Bleep Do We Know" since it was brought up:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/What_the_Bleep_Do_We_Know!%3F

Bleep was conceived and its production funded by William Arntz, who co-directed the film along with Betsy Chasse and Mark Vicente: all of these individuals are students of Ramtha's School of Enlightenment. [1] A moderately low-budget independent production, it was promoted using viral marketing methods and opened in art-house theaters in the western United States, winning several independent film awards before being picked up by a major distributor [2] and eventually grossing over $10 million. [3] [4]

I actually watched it a couple of times I found it entertaining but rather slanted and new agey. Not very sceintific.

• Larsinger58
    Larsinger58

You're a figment of my imagination. I've been trying to erase you from my mind with booze and pills, psychotherapy, but nothing works, so...

I guess you're real.

Lucky you.

LS

• The Oracle
    The Oracle

I am going to go out on a limb and answer your questions with a resounding...

yes.

You do exist.

At least I believe you exist.

Maybe.

The Oracle

• frankiespeakin
  • ldrnomo
    ldrnomo

We are in the matrix and the creator (the great programmer in the sky) is keeping the program running. The great programmer is able to change situations of life in seconds IE: terrorism, wars, diseases, earthquakes, and on a more personal level, car accidents, shootings, burglaries, and acne.

Our only real existence is mental brain waves swirling about within another plain. Our programmer gives us these experiences and watches how we deal with them. It's entertaining. So entertaining that the great programer keeps giving us different experiences once tiring of us, we are deleted. Is this existence? It is in the only way we know it.

LD

• FireNBandits
    FireNBandits

DON'T BELIEVE IN GOD! HITLER BELIEVED IN GOD!

DON'T WATCH 'WHAT THE BLEEP DO WE KNOW?" BECAUSE RAMTHA SPONORED IT!

The fact is, the facts are factual in the video. Whoever this Ramtha is had enough sense to recruit heavy hitters, scientifically speaking.

Cut out the "guilt by association" crapola.

I just remembered...

My fathers extinct
    and my mothers extinct
    My sisters extinct
    and my brothers extinct
    my aunts and my uncles
    they all are extinct..

In fact I do think my whole families extinct!

• Twitch
    Twitch

The fact is, the facts are factual in the video. Whoever this Ramtha is had enough sense to recruit heavy hitters, scientifically speaking.

Factual? Don't know about that one. Even one of the physicists "recruited" for the film says he was quoted out of context. What does that tell you about the producers, intent of this film and it's theories?

David Albert, a physicist who appears in the film, has accused the filmmakers of selectively editing his interview to make it appear that he endorses the film's thesis that quantum mechanics are linked with consciousness. He says he is "profoundly unsympathetic to attempts at linking quantum mechanics with consciousness." [18]

Scientists who have reviewed What the Bleep Do We Know!? have described distinct assertions made in the film as pseudoscience. [17]

The film's central theme—that quantum mechanics suggests that a conscious observer can affect physical reality—has also been refuted by Bernie Hobbs, a science writer with ABC Science Online. Hobbs explains, "The observer effect of quantum physics isn't about people or reality. It comes from the Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle, and it's about the limitations of trying to measure the position and momentum of subatomic particles... this only applies to sub-atomic particles - a rock doesn't need you to bump into it to exist. It's there. The sub-atomic particles that make up the atoms that make up the rock are there too."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/What_the_bleep#Academic_reaction

Enjoy your cult film for what it is, pablum for the gullible,....lol

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit