Getting Your "Time" in On Time

by OnTheWayOut 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I am sure it is just a power trip ! When I was Secretary I used to make announcements to remind them to report but never did I chase individuals.

Late reports, of which there were many just got added onto the next month and it all averaged out. I still made their cards for the past months when they did report. I never got the report away by the sixth of the month either, it was better to get as many late reports in as possible and as long as it was sent by around the twelfth, nothing was said. I did get one or two notes from Bethel over the years about getting the report on time, but I never took it seriously.

In fact the whole Secretary thing was just paperwork and admin.. I thought then that what I called "Spiritual matters " were much more important....Since nobody else wanted to be Secretary, they had to accept what I did...

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Blues Brother, while I was not the secretary, I was told how it really was no big deal that they were turned in late and lumped in with the next month. I was told that it was best to send the report as late as possible to get more of the late reports.

Even there, if it's no big deal that some will be late, why wait until the last minute? Why not just send what you have on the sixth or seventh of the month?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit