January 2009 Awake - Where is the quote source listed?

by AdaMakawee 15 Replies latest watchtower bible

• moshe
    moshe

Thank you Skeeter. I am always amused at JW's who always refer to this time period as the worst in history. Hardly, compared to the 14th-15th centuries that were ravaged by the black plague- some areas had 50% a casualty rate.

• SirNose586
    SirNose586
    No sources are required becaue it is PROPAGANDA!
    The Awake and Watcthower only want to influence and control people's thinking by making un-sourced statements!
    People will only remember the "facts" presented in the magazines, but not where these "facts" came from! --VM44

Nailed it.

The lack of sourcing really bugged me, as a student, because we were constantly hounded to cite our sources. How can a publishing firm get away with a kind of paper that would get flunked in community college? It's so stupid, it hurts.

And the real kicker is, they've done it in the past. They've cited sources in the Creation book. Why can't they do it each and every time they quote someone?

• steve2
    steve2

The Awake is baby food for babies. Babies are only interested in something if it's yummy. They aren't interested in the sources of the ingredients. Open wide. Ga-ga

• Cadellin
    Cadellin

Good thread--this is pathological with the WTBS

• teel
    teel

I only recently discovered the joy of looking up WT sources where cited - even if not cited, sometimes Google Books can help me. It's astounding how many times the context doesn't really support the tone of the article. At best the general conclusion is the same, only the presentation level differs, at worst it's completely opposite of what the WT claims it to say.

Just yesterday regarding an other thread here on JWN I read Josephus' passage about the 70 years, and found that it doesn't really supports 607, in fact he even mentions a 50 years period (which could well be 587-537). Now how come I've never seen that in any WT article?

• blondie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit