WT 11/1/2009 Public Edition: EXPOSED: Six Myths About Christianity

by truthseeker 12 Replies latest jw friends

• agonus
    agonus

Yeah, this one really annoyed the hell out of me. More condescending "CLEARLY, these are not Scriptural teachings" we're-right-and-you're-not-just-wrong-but-stupid-jerks horse shit. God dammit, these things are matters of FAITH! FAITH! FAITH! Not FACTS! They can neither be proven nor disproven! Stop presuming to know God's thoughts! The Bible is not a mathematical equation or legal document!

• mcsemike
    mcsemike

God is not a trinity? I got the impression from thousands of WT articles that God WAS a trinity.

1. Jehovah God

2. Jesus

3. The Governing Body

Somehow, the holy spirit got bumped off the list. And the GB is more than happy to accept your total worship since Jehovah and Jesus are busy "inspiring" the GB and they both have no time for people. If and when the GB feels like it, they will tell the world what Jehovah or Jesus are thinking.

It's possible that the GB believes that Jehovah and Jesus don't know how to communicate with humanity so they are happy to do it for them. And to show our appreciation, we should give them everything we have, including our futures. And after they take everything we have, we should thank the GB as well as God, for the privileges we enjoyed while being fleeced.

Happy Holidays to all. (Oh, never mind. We have to give them away as well.)

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

What's really spooky is that some "christian" religions are no longer preaching heaven, hell, or rapture, but have instead started to promote the WT idea of Paradise Earth.

I am seeing more literature from other denominations going in this direction now.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit