Something I never thought of when I was in

by doublelife 17 Replies latest jw friends

• sacolton
    sacolton

That always made me suspect too. Publishers instead of Preachers? Hmmmm ...

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

That was to differentiate you from preachers. Every one else had preachers.

You were SPECIAL.

• moomanchu
    moomanchu

publisher

1.a person or company whose business is the publishing of books, periodicals, engravings, computer software, etc.
    2.the business head of a newspaper organization or publishing house, commonly the owner or the representative of the owner.

publish

1.to issue (printed or otherwise reproduced textual or graphic material, computer software, etc.) for sale or distribution to the public.
    2.to issue publicly the work of: Random House publishes Faulkner.
    3.to announce formally or officially; proclaim; promulgate.
    4.to make publicly or generally known.

The title "salesperson" of a publisher would be more accurate.

a person who sells goods, services, etc.

• nelly136
    nelly136

good point

• Gayle
    Gayle

congregations in the old days were called "companies." Anyone have a specific reference to that - way back?

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

Now that I'm on the outside looking in, I have to agree that 'publisher' is a weird word to use when describing members of the congregation. You'd think that 'Christian' would be more suitable.

Publishers of the Good News? I didn't publish shit except for my lousy field service slips.

• AGuest
    AGuest

May you all have peace!

The fact that there are "shareholders" (i.e., people who are paid a DIVIDEND from the PROFITS of a company) should have been a clue, which I didn't know about until after I was asked to leave and then read (from cover to cover) the "Proclaimers" Book. Never thought about that, although I did know there was an annual "shareholders" meeting. Ummmmm... duh...

After that, "things" just started snowballing: (1) the comments regarding the "clergy of Christendom" on pps. 69-70 of that book; (2) the fact that although it says in the margins that they were NOT trying to set up "an earthly organization," they DO proclaim (state, publish, whatever) on page 271 that "the Society is the visible representation of the Lord on earth" (that one actually caused them to split way back when "those that did not" adopt that designation were "no longer considered" Jehovah's Witnesses); and, finally, (3) the 28 pages of REAL PROPERTY depicted in the center of that book. Talk about your conglomerates.

Then there was the pagan/demonic icons in the "Live Forever," "Insight on the Scriptures," and "Revelation, Its Grand Climax" books, that didn't do much to convince me they were nothing more than a publishing company (and not a very good one at that, given that somehow these depictions escaped notice by everyone who SHOULD have seen them before the books were actually published...).

Oh, and then plagerizing of some information I shared with them (as I do here) in March 1994, that they finally responded to in February 1995, writing me to "be patient" as something about that information would soon be "coming out," and then including what I shared, literally, even as to a tableof Bible verses exactly as I had presented it to them, in the 10/15/95 WT... while taking full credit for it.

I KNEW after that last one... that they were imposters. Well, then... and when I looked into Carey Barber's eyes shortly after. He was WAY more afraid of ME... than I EVER was of them.

Anyway... yeah, they're nothing but a false prophet... "publishing" false "truths" and false "light." Led by the kings of the earth (the GB), who fornicates with the Harlot (those who profess to be anointed but rather than staying true to their husbandly owner, Christ, follow the "law" of another "man").

Again, peace to you all!

A slave of Christ,

SA

Peace to you all!

• I quit!
    I quit!

If they came to the door with the message Outlaws guy is delivering I would have no problem referring to it as the "truth".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit