Something I never thought of when I was in

by doublelife 17 Replies latest jw friends

• doublelife
    doublelife

Witnesses use the term 'publisher' instead of 'preacher' to describe their position in the congregation. That should be a dead give away that they are salespeople working for a book publishing company verses preachers who are working for God. I can't believe I never saw something this obvious.

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Good point... isn't that the craziest thing? A member of a religious congregation being called a "publisher".

How could we not have realized how that sounded? Was that alarm bell just quiet in comparison to all the other alarm bells that were clanging in our heads?

• lancelink
    lancelink

Good point

• OUTLAW
  • Satanus
    Satanus

Good point. It's not in the bible, either.

S

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

I think the reason my sil stopped talking to me was because I told her I didn't want to be an employee of a publishing company anymore ......I siad that's what a publisher really is ,right ?

• HappyGuy
    HappyGuy

they mean it as in "publisher of the good news"

• wobble
    wobble

I haven't checked but I think as Happyguy says, Publisher of the good news, and that expression may even be in the KJV ???

I bet as well that Rutherford didn't want anybody to be known as a Preacher or Pastor after Mr Russell.

Love

Wobble

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

Yes when one thinks about it, a very strange term for a preacher, never thought much about it b4.

Goes to show the power of their mind control technique

• HappyGuy
    HappyGuy

Many Bible versions use the word "publish" where other translations use the word preach.

Mark 13:10 in the King James Version says "And the gospel must first be published among all nations."

Acts 10:37, "That word, I say, ye know, which was published throughout all Judaea, and began from Galilee, after the baptism which John preached;"

Acts 13:49, "And the word of the Lord was published throughout all the region."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit