Lurker comes clean with first post

by Mozzer4Life 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Mozzer4Life
    Mozzer4Life

Well, this is really my 3rd post, but my first “here I am” thread. Oh yea, my name is Neil. Many of you might recognize me as Andi or Billygoat’s boyfriend. I have been a lurker for a couple of months, enjoying the colorful and insightful commentary on various subjects. Never having been a JW, I was not quite sure I had a place on the board. But, due to the fact that the girl I love had been emotionally hurt by this religion, I felt I had some connection with most everyone.
    As for me, well I have been a Christian most of my life. Lucky enough to have been raised by two of the most loving parents I could possibly imagine. I was a spoiled kid and didn’t realize what I had until I nearly lost it all. Get to that in a second. College was a life changing experience for me. Being away from my parents, I didn’t have to go to church, so I didn’t. Hangovers and church really don’t mix well anyway. I went to Texas Tech in Lubbock for 2 ½ years and then transferred to The University of Texas in Austin, which is where I graduated with a degree in Radio, TV and Film.
    Austin was where I got into a little more trouble. Spent my years there experimenting with every drug around. Ended up with a full time drug dealer as a roommate and it went downhill from there. I would be lying to you if I said it wasn’t fun, but the addiction towards the white lady proved too much for me to handle. After I graduated, I was evicted for dealing out of the apartment and was sent packing home to mom and dad. Continued dealing and using coke for a couple of years at home, a risky and disrespectful operation. Parents finally caught me though, which was a blessing to say the least. I was extremely lucky though, I never visited a jail or morgue. After many different counselors and one I finally liked, I gave it up, been clean of coke for 9 months now. Evil man-made powder for sure. “Natural” is the way I go now.
    So in short, I lost my religion in college, but found my faith soon after. I go to church now because I want to. I pushed God to the side for a while, but was glad to see him waiting for me when I decided to return. I am blessed with one of the most loving and beautiful girls in the world and am pretty content with my life now.
    I do not judge people anymore, I have seen all walks of life and have loved them all. I do not believe in pushing my religion on anyone, you are who you are, you believe what you believe, as long as you're happy, more power to you. I have met a few people on this board at the North Texas Apostate Dinner…Valis, SixofNine, COMF, the lovely Xena, TyyDyy and Jerrytx, all of whom I greatly admire for their individual strengths and personality, not to mention the loving support they have all given to Andi.
    Well, that's it, not too long I hope. Thanks for your time, you may now proceed with the rest of your life.

Rejection is one thing, but rejection from a fool is cruel - Morrissey

• closer2fine
    closer2fine

Welcome!!! :o)

It is so good to see you here. I'm sorry about your troubles earlier in life - but glad to see that you seem to have a very balanced perspective on them.

We love Andi! And I for one look forward to hearing more from you.

My New Year's resolution is to move back to Texas in 2002 - so maybe I'll finally get to meet you guys!

closer

• bitter mango
    bitter mango

hi neil!!! welcome to the board! stick around, post some more and have fun! nice to finally 'meet' andi's sweetie.

bea

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

You've got a ton of courage sweetie. Just one of the million reasons I love you and thank God that you're a part of my life!

Love,
    MP

• nytelecom1
    nytelecom1

please tell me when moz became so irrelevent..

is suspect sometime after nov spawned a monster

• mommy
    mommy

Welcome Neil!
    You are not the first person who has no ties except a loved one who has been hurt by the org to come here. Soon you will see that we don't always talk just about JW stuff. We are a tight little family here, with the obnoxious cousins and all Can't wait to hear more from you.
    wendy

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Hey Neil,welcome to the board.I told Andi to dump you so I could woo her with my rouge-ish charm,but she wouldn`t go for it..LOL..HAPPY NEW YEAR ANDI and NEIL...OUTLAW

• Englishman
    Englishman

You mean Billygoat has a boyfriend?

Ahh, my poor broken heart...sob, choke..splutter.

Englishman.

Bring on the dancing girls!

• toddy
    toddy

Does this mean we can't flirt with Billy anymore

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

Oh no!!! Flirting is going absolutely nowhere!!! Neil is as big a flirt as I am. I'm sure I'll see him flirting with Xena, Harmony, and Buttered Mango before we know it! I just draw the line at flirting with Joel.

Thinking to myself: Maybe I should let him flirt with Joelbear. Neil is too skinny with not enough hair for him to be taken seriously. Hmmm.)

May the flirting begin!

Andi

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit