Convention Parking Scam - What exactly is it?

by cantleave 14 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• VM44
    VM44

It appears that The Watchtower is not always "up front" when it comes to matters involving money.

Their reasoning is likely that the brothers "do not have a need or right to the information", so they just make up a "cover story" to get money out of them.

Is this really being "honest in all things"? (Romans 12:17)

Or does that scripture not apply to Watchtower (Money) Operations?

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

WTF

bastards, 1 more nail in the coffin. shit didn't hear about that.

• Violia
    Violia

It was always highly annoyed they'd use the scriptures to actually try and force us to stay at the hotel of their choice . Equally annoyed that they'd tell me where to park or eat. We would never stay anywhere they said to and parked where the city got the proceeds. I would rather the city got my money than those arse's.

• HappyGuy
    HappyGuy

Those hotels were always the pits. I have a strong suspicion that the WTBTS used a "connected" travel agency and got the commissions on those hotel rooms and I suspect that they negotiated a higher commission than normal.

I can't prove it but it makes no sense why they were so insistent otherwise.

My wife is finishing up her Ph.D. in research and we go to conferences about 6 times a year where she presents her research. Anyway, the group putting on the conference gives you a list of hotels they have negotiated good deals with but they don't say ANYTHING about whether you stay there or not, totally up to you.

• diamondiiz
    diamondiiz

I know in Canada - they would recommend a donation for parking based on parking rates of the convention site. I'm not sure if this scam is still going on but I'm guessing it's still is as most witnesses assume that the donation automatically means you HAVE you pay for parking the specified donation. Any still active elders here could maybe help us out if wt$ is still using the parking scam to rip off it's own members.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit