"IF"

by acolytes 37 Replies latest watchtower bible

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    Jesus. You are my friend IF you do what I COMMAND-

What does Jesus command?

If you keep my commandments, you will remain in my love, just as I have kept my Father's commandments and remain in his love.

"I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and your joy may be complete.

This is my commandment: love one another as I love you.

With all those "conditions" how are you going to keep your free gift?

Now for our Calvinist friends: Salvation is freely offered to all.

And it must be freely accepted.

BTS

• acolytes
    acolytes

BTS

What does Jesus command?

If you keep my commandments you will remain in my love..................................

And it must be freely accepted.

I must say it sounds very much like the watchtowers stance on love. (Would you ever command someone to love you)

Acolytes

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

I think much of the Bible is a lovely way to make God over into Man's image.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

I thought you didn't believe in God, Void.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    Would you ever command someone to love you

I am not God. But God doesn't force anyone to love him.

Besides, what would you do if your wife or girlfriend didn't love you? Would you stay married to her? Or would you end the relationship?

BTS

• acolytes
    acolytes

BTS. My wife has stopped loving me . But she has never stopped liking me Sometimes she has been in love with me but not liked me. Today we like and love eachother. Whatever the future we will always be together and when we are not in love we will like each other to be in love again.

As for God not forcing anyone to love him, isnt the greatest commandment to love God? (What is the difference between command and forcing?)

Acolytes

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Our 'gift of Grace' is Mouthy! Glad we have her here.

Jeff

• acolytes
    acolytes

AK Jeff

I envy mouthys faith.Wish I had it-Its better than accepting but still resenting the necessity of dying.

Acolytes

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit