A Sad Situation

by EmptyInside 11 Replies latest jw friends

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

I know of an elderly, pioneer sister who has a disfellowshipped son with a terminal illness. And until recently, she has had no contact with him. Her son doesn't really have much longer to live. And she has travelled to see him, despite her poor health. But,she actually feels guilty and wonders if she's being unfaithful to Jehovah for visiting with her dying son. No matter how you look at this situation, it is just heartbreaking. All these years apart, and only together now, because he's dying. And the poor sister thinks Jehovah will erase all her years of faithful service, because she wants to say good-bye to her son.

• HappyGuy
    HappyGuy

Can you go see this elderly sister and read her scriptures that show that love would not feel guilty about comforting a dying child?

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

Hey...maybe you can go and find the person on another post who said that 'its just another religion'...you know, all this shunning stuff doesn't matter really - it's just another religion - guilt over visiting a dying son..yup...no biggie...what other mainstream religion would force you to STOP caring about your family?? geesh....sammieswife.

• brainwashed-from-birth
    brainwashed-from-birth

This is probably going to come off as angry but this is a very sensative subject for me.....

She should be ashamed. And I am surprised her son wants to see her. She made a choice to choose a religion over her own blood. She is only hurting him by going to visit. I think it is selfish of her. She should feel guilty for not knowing her dying son.... not worrying about those stupid control freaks. She has already wasted too much time with them, and now her time is up with her son.

Her son deserves better. He should be surrounded by those who loved him for real...without conditions

My parents would not be welcome to such an event in my life for sure

• mouthy
    mouthy

Well you have to remember they are solidly under mind control

If Jonestown exsisted ,Waco too. they were all faithful to their GOD
    What makes you think this old woman isnt going to be faithful to HER god?
    She will finish off her years wonderfng if Jehovah will allow her to stay on earth!!!
    This will of course give her stress which will make her life hard.

Gotta say!!! That wicked cult has all in a straight Jacket

• ziddina
    ziddina

Urgh. I made a comment to a pen-pal in a letter about 'manipulators', and I added that the WTBTS is the ultimate manipulator for a JW. WTBTS/the Guv.Body uses high-level manipulation to force its followers to follow its edicts; one of the most vicious methods is the demand made that JWs turn their backs on family members/friends who are 'disfellowshipped' or who have disassociated themselves - or be cast out into 'Satan's' world themselves, with their lives forfeit...

This poor woman is the victim of WTBTS' manipulation. True, she did choose to 'obey' the WTBTS' edicts; but she herself is under duress to obey - the WTBTS has, in effect, threatened her life if she doesn't obey. She is not mentally 'free' to act upon her own natural maternal instincts - the WTBTS stands as a grim gatekeeper between herself, her loved ones no longer in the 'truth[lie]' and the good people out there beyond the WTBTS' control - 'in the "World"', as it were...

I feel so sorry for them both. Zid

• crapola
    crapola

Tha really makes me mad! It is also so sad.

• HintOfLime
    HintOfLime

If you can verify the details of this story, I'd suggest you submit it to whatstheharm.net

- Lime

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Mouthy: "She will finish off her years wonderfng if Jehovah will allow her to stay on earth!!!"

What the hell is here to stay for if you don't have your family with you?

What the hell is it all for?

Who would want to stay on earth just to continue living with WT misery and commands?

• etna
    etna

emptyinside: thats so sad, I can't believe we let these people (use to) control not only our minds, but our entire lives. Thank God I'm no part of them anymore.

Etna

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit