Christmas Card Count?

by lovelylil2 13 Replies latest jw friends

• lovelylil2
    lovelylil2

I am getting writers cramp right now after addressing and writing messages in 40 cards so far. Most of my cards are going to family and friends, a few coworkers and neighbors.

How about you? How many cards are you mailing this year?

• mouthy
    mouthy

I am on my 85th

• lovelylil2
    lovelylil2

Wow mouthy, thats a lot of cards! Do you write messages in yours too?

• JeffT
    JeffT

Good cartoon from Mad magazine eons ago. Man wife addressing the pile of cards,

Her: Who are these Kowalski people you send a card to every year.

Him: I thought they were friends of yours

Her: If you don't know them, we can not send it and save a stamp (as she's pulling the card of the pile)

Him: No, we better send it, they might think we're mad at them.

• lovelylil2
    lovelylil2

Jeff,

That was cute. I have a rule which is if I haven't spoken to the person in a year or more, I do not send them a card. Otherwise my list could include acquaintances going way back that will probably get my card and ask "Lilly who?"

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I'm making all my cards on the computer. They'll all have a picture of me in a Santa hat with Rocco on my shoulder. The message inside will be a standard message, but personalized with the recipient's name which will be extracted from a database.

I'm thinking of sending out some dysfunctional Christmas cards to people I don't like.

W

• loosie
    loosie

I am mailing out 22 and giving out 13 at work.

• Robdar
    Robdar

I was sending out 30 cards until I added number 31: Lovelylil. Wait, I guess 32 because Lil is getting a Christmas and a Chanukah card.

• mouthy
    mouthy

90 now

Wow mouthy, thats a lot of cards! Do you write messages in yours too?
    Just a little.So they know who I am...I just had a card from Gadget but no address on it.

if anyone knows it will you e-mail it ...Would love to write him

• AuntBee
    AuntBee

I love Lovelylil's guideline for who to send a card to! hehe. I'm even more hardcore. I don't send one to anyone who sends me one with only a printed Christmas letter about their amazing kids and outstanding personal achievements. I only send one back to anyone who wrote me a personal note or letter along with the card. It's always under 10.

Maybe it's Scrooge-ish, but i value close friendships and relish personal correspondence. Call me some relic from a past era.....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit