Jehovahs Witnesses are banned in Russia

by Quadraphoenix 52 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• bobld
    bobld

I think the headline should read "J.W. got what they deserve"

J.W.(GB) say they are neutral in world affairs yet they write protest letters.

J.W.(GB) letter to the Russian president "demand guarantee their constitutional rights"(no such rights for D.F.person)

J.W.(GB) demand"protection from bureaucratic arbitrariness"(no such protection for D.F.person from their J.C.)

J.W.(GB) demand basic rights(not for a D.F. person)

J.W.(GB) want democratic liberties yet they fail to see that young men and women from the U.S.A. and other countries gave their livies for these democratic liberities to defeat such enemies as Hilter.Now they cry that those liberties are taken away from them.They should just suck it up and wait on Jehovah and keep their noses out of politics.

J.W.(GB) in their letter mention "construction of civil society" Look at all the broken families of D.F. persons.No I do not think they(GB) care about families,people etc.

Bob

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Thanks for your 'heads up' Metatron.

I hadn't thought of it that way.

As far as I am concerned, anything that interferes with their ability to create new victims is good.

Cheers

Chris

• God_Delusion
    God_Delusion

It's taken us a while, but I now know who you are Quaraphoenix. David D ring a bell? Anyway, Metatron and Dissed are my two new best buddies because they have basically summed up what I have assumed about JW's in ages.

Well done folks.

Do you think JW's will be viewed as Extremists in other countries?

Regards
    RAB

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

People here seem to be mainly divided between those who think a ban will be bad for Jehovah's Witness numbers and is therefore a good thing, and those who think JWs will benefit from 'persecution' and it's therefore a bad thing.

Both positions are deplorable.

I reckon a ban will have a negative impact on Witness growth, but nevertheless it's not to be welcomed inasmuch as no encroachment on freedom should be welcomed.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep
    no encroachment on freedom should be welcomed.

Yeah, right. Like these bar stewards should have the freedom to encroach on my freedom?

That is something I will never defend.

• AdaMakawee
    AdaMakawee

I can't drum up much energy to care about this one way or another. I kind of tend to see both sides. If anything it seems to me that it stirs up more in the countries outside the ban, kind of like the Malawi debacle. Writing campaigns and persecution complex, end is close type propaganda.

Ada

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

great news , the stinking hypocrisy from the WTS spokespeople is sickening banging on about human rights etc, these same rights that the WTS leaders cruelly take away from their own brethren.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

out of one side of their mouth the GB pleads with people to please at least be respectful of them for having their beleifs, even if they are not for you...while forbidding their members to give the same courtesy to those who leave.

• besty
    besty

Society in general has recognized childrens medical rights need to be protected by the state, and the JW's have compromised their beliefs <with a sigh of relief in most parents cases> to accommodate this progression in moral values. (Sidepoint - this change was arguably driven by the medical community, not the religious community, which speaks to Dawkins assertion that we don't need religion to offer us moral guidance)

Perhaps now is the start of a new paradigm recognizing children (and vulnerable adults) need their mental, emotional and social rights protected as well

SBF - as you very well know there is a difference between mainstream religion and high control groups (cults). Surely as a society we are capable of offering our citizens an adequate framework that balances the fundamental human rights of freedom to worship and protection from oppressive cults that restrict those same fundamental human rights?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

The WBT$ will use the Russian situation as they do all situations..

Jehovah`s Witness`s will be sacrificed for the Greater good of the WBT$..

While the WBT$ beats the Persecution Drum..

...................... ...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit