despondant witness

by IwateBuddy 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

You might want to double check with him on why he is so upset/shaken. It might be because he's doubting the WT or it might also be that he actually likes you and is worried that you're about to be destroyed. Confirm whether you've shaken his faith in the WT or his faith in his ability to convert you.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Hows your study going Iwatebuddy? Has he given up on you yet?

• Cagefighter
    Cagefighter

He might flip out and go samurai on your ass... LOL

• Balsam
    Balsam

Back about 15 years ago I ran into a woman in the door to door and she was really interesting to talk to. I made return visits and though she didn't accept a bible study she was willing to talk about the bible. I learned so much about what the bible teaches that it left me stumped and questioning my belief's. Fact was she raised some very sound questions I just could not answer no matter how much I studied the matter. I was feeling pretty depressed after that and I quit going. But her questions were enough aid me in leaving the so called JW truth years later. I never forgot the discussion and my being unable to answer her. Now looking back it was likely she had been an ex-jw and I never knew it. She hit deeply on the real problems about JW's and their ideas about who and what God is.

Ruth

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

I had a similar experience, Ruth. I had a Bible study that when we got to the point of explaining 1914 it was as if I was hearing the completely absurd rationale for the first time. He couldn't buy into it and from that day on neither could I. That may well have been the beginning of the end for me.

• not a captive
    not a captive

I love it when a Bible study runs "backwards".

Maybe this JW needs to reflect on whether God can still live without the FDS. And if God can, then he can.

• garyneal
    garyneal

My wife still believes that someday I will understand why birthday parties are bad and banned by the Bible when the Bible gives no indication as to such. I suppose on some deep level, my wife thinks that if only I leave the Internet alone then I can eventually find my way into the WT mold.

It's crazy for her to think that when she has yet to be able to prove 607 B.C.E. or their ridiculous blood doctrine to my satisfaction.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit