The Two Creepy Commandments

by Farkel 59 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Farkel
    Farkel

There are a few Bible verses I'm going to discuss that probably don't bother anyone but me. In fact, most people, including ex-dubs think they are wonderful verses. I think they are really, really creepy verses. They are found in Matthew 22:36-40 (NIV) and are about the two "greatest commandments."

Before we get into my reasons for thinking how creepy that passage is, it is worth noting that if Jesus could sum up the ENTIRE Law and the Prophets in just 24 words, why was all that other crap written in the first place? We could toss out entire BOOKS of the Bible and not have to be bothered with them at all if God would have just stated those 24 words in the first place. That would have put the Pharisees out of business before they even got started in business. But NO!

I guess I'm just dreaming here, because you can always count on religious leaders to take something simple and make it into complicated bullshit. I mean, there are only 6 reasons to "quit associating" with brothers mentioned in the Bible. Only six. But the WT Printing Corporation has managed to come up with about 6,000 reasons to disfellowship, including my favorite: "circumstantial fornication!" Yep! Our own Brother Flipper was actually accused of that one!

It works like this: say it is a dark and stormy night and a balding sister with severe gout and acne who weighs about as much as your average tow truck (but is not as attractive as a tow truck), stopped by earlier to bring you back the ironing she has done for you. The roads are all flooded out, so you agree it is unsafe for her to go home. Fearful of reprisals from the local Watchtower Storm Troopers, you ask her to sleep in the basement, while you will sleep in the attic above the 3rd story of your home, with your ankles chained to the bed. In order to be totally "safe", she secures the inside of the basement door with boat anchor chain after arc welding the door shut from the inside. A mercury switch with a detonator and C4 explosive is also fastened to the door from the inside to thwart any temptation that might arise for you during the night.

In the morning, the roads are clear, the welds are cut on the door, the bomb is disabled and the dubette waddles home as scabs are falling off her face. That afternoon, the phone rings and the Storm Troopers state that a JC is going to be held because of "circumstantial fornication." This is not an accusation of REAL fornication, because there are no witnesses, but circumstantially it IS possible that fornication took place together with the forbidden circumstantial orgasms (involving circumstantial bodily fluids), so they need to arrange for a circumstantial Judicial Committee with three circumstantial elders so they can have a circumstantial disfellowshipping and keep the congregation circumstantially clean. When dub leaders can't come up with witnesses, they come up with "circumstantial" evidence, which isn't good enough to convict anyone for even a parking ticket in the real world. But Watchtower people don't live in the real world. In fact, I wouldn't even call their existence "living" in any meaningful sense.

But I digress. Back to creepy verses.

His disciples asked Jesus this question in verse 36:

"Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?"

37 Jesus replied: " 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart

• Open mind
    Open mind

Those verses were so creepy Simon's site cut you off!

(Nice to see you back Doug)

om

• awildflower
    awildflower

This is hilarious!

• Farkel
    Farkel

My thread got chopped off. Here is the rest:

But I digress. Back to creepy verses.

His disciples asked Jesus this question in verse 36:

"Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?"

37 Jesus replied: " 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.'38 This is the first and greatest commandment. 39 And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'40 All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments."

Note that Jesus is not saying God is asking us to love him and our neighbors; God is not saying loving Him and our neighbors is a nice thing to do and that really it should be easy and natural to do do because God is so swell and lovable and caring. Jesus is not saying that at all.

Jesus is saying that this is a COMMANDMENT and a LAW that is greater than all other commandments and laws, and that it is as great as all of them put together.

Where I come from a commandment is an ORDER to do (or not do) something, and a law is something that MUST be obeyed under any and all circumstances. Therefore, God is ORDERING US TO LOVE HIM! Or else.

Can genuine love be "ordered" on demand? Never. Can a guy order a gal to love him? Never.

The best a victim could do under these circumstances is to pretend to love and go through the motions of acting like one loves. But that isn't love. And God can't be fooled if we fake it. He said so.

So here we have a God ORDERING us (upon the pain of eternal punishment) to LOVE him, and everyone thinks that scripture is so warm and feel-good fuzzy. Remember, with BibleGod, every ORDER has an "OR ELSE" stipulation. And the "or else" part is always worse than your worst nightmares.

We have earthquakes, famines, droughts, genocides, plagues, floods, viruses, freak accidents, old age, senility, and lives frequently visited with suffering, misery, poverty, sadness, grief, loss of loved ones and capped off with death, yet even with this, God does not ASK us to love Him, or even to try to understand Him. God COMMANDS us to love Him. It's his greatest LAW, and its a law He put on the books.

Hasn't BibleGod figured out that genuine love cannot be demanded/commanded?

Only a fake God would insist on being loved with fake love or love based upon terror. And anyone who can actually love a God who demands their love (or else) needs their head examined.

Farkel

• cantleave
    cantleave

forbidden circumstantial orgasms (involving circumstantial bodily fluid

LMAO - Farkel I'm so glad your posting again.

I actually chaired a judicial dealing with this. The guy involved got drunk over a friends house and woke up the next morning to find the only other person in the house was his friends sister. He said "I was too drunk to do anything with her", forgetting that being drunk was a DFing offence. He got a private reproof for being so stupid.

• cantleave
    cantleave

I have just changed the house to say, "Love your father - or no playing on the Wii after school" . I'm sure that'll earn me more respect round here.

• Casper
    Casper

LOL, Farkel, I love your imagination...

So here we have a God ORDERING us (upon the pain of eternal punishment) to LOVE him, and everyone thinks that scripture is so warm and feel-good fuzzy. Remember, with BibleGod, every ORDER has an "OR ELSE" stipulation. And the "or else" part is always worse than your worst nightmares.

I agree... that wouldn't be love at all, to try to love a God under those circumstances would amount to no more than self-preservation. I used to wonder if I really worshipped out of "Love", or was it just fear ??? Now I know.

So good to see you posting.

Cas

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

(((Farkel)))..

It`s nice to have you home Bud!

Try to get yourself a Hospital Quality air Purifier..

The Air is cleaned by Ultra Violet light..

It`s the difference between breathing and not..

Back to your post..

Funny as frigg`n usual!..LOL!!

What the Hell,is Circumstancial Sex?..

Is that like..

You could get hit by a Bus..If there was one around..

Can a woman claim Circumstansial Child Support..

"If we had kids,this is how much the bastard would owe me!"

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

Glad to see you again.

You mean if it's forced, artifical, or just for show, it's not LOVE?

I'm crushed! ;-)

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Part#2

Only WBT$ shit for brains could come up with that sort of insanity..

God can demand my love if he keeps my fridge full of Molson(beer)..

And..

Sends a Bucket of KFC to my house at least once a week!

....................... ...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit