So Everything Was Going Good Until...

by tryingtoexit 34 Replies latest jw friends

• boyzone
    boyzone

I too believe that all christians will inhabit both heaven and earth and we'll be able to move betweent the two realms. Wing Commander's explanation was how it was explained to me and seems scripturally possible.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

When I realised the WT was teaching BS, I knew that EVERYTHING I had been taught about religion had come from them and was suspect. EVERYTHING.

I was a spiritual babe with no knowledge about God that was trustworthy in any way. I only believed the Bible might have had some value because I had been born into a christian cult. I could just as easily been born to a Jew, or an Arab, or a Hindu.

Just knowing that the cult of your birth is crap doesn't qualify you to answer your parent's questions. Just admit that. It is not wrong to say, "I don't know." You do not have to become your parents new spiritual guide and you don't have to agree with them on anything religious.

Consider this..... if the Bible is not the word of God, that would explain why the WT and SDA and the Branch Davidians and every other Christian group to make a 'Bible based' prophesy had their prophesies fail. I urge you all to research the Bible for truthfulness before you bust a gut trying to make sense of it as Truth.

Cheers

Chris

• cantleave
    cantleave

The issue is who lives on Earth and who lives in Heaven, it is the book you you are getting this from. The bible is not a book of logic. It is a mixture of allegory, embellished history and fairytales. You will never make sense of it, no ever has. That is why there are 1000's of religions all believing the bible but all teaching widely different things.

• cantleave
    cantleave

I'd better add IMO!

• sinis
    sinis

True indeed, I can see where you coming from...

Sumthin to think about ...........damn I feel all bad now, I did just hurt them by droppin all dat on em at once

To all the other posters splitting hairs on heaven and hell (earth ) - why do you hang YOUR beliefs on the works of others!!!!! Sheep ALL of you! Blaze your OWN trail through life, why hang on to the what-if's of some book written by people butt fucking sheep and goats on cold winter nights thousands of years ago?! Jesus people, you put ALL of your eggs in ONE basket! What will you do when it does NOT turn out the way you expected - shit, at that point it won't make a difference because you won't know (you'll be taking a dirt nap) - HOWEVER you lived your life as a lie and pissed away valuable time in pursuit of a fantasy! Wake up and smell life... I know its sad to say, but weak minded people need comfort in an otherwise shit world, nothing will change, nothing has and won't. You are given X amout of seconds (time) on this rock, and your dieing the minute you popped out, why blow it and piss your time away on something fabricated, and at the VERY LEAST highly questionable and suspicious? YOU ARE LIVING YOUR LIFE THROUGH OTHER PEOPLE by adhering to ancient texts, customs, and beliefs! Be an individual and make your life YOURS!

To tryingtoexit:

Don't feel bad... just work with what you have. If they have doubts offer something else. It does not have to be RELIGION! Spend more time with them, get out and see the world. We only have a set time of QUALITY life on this rock, use it to the fullest. Nothing wrong with still believing in "god", if thats what floats your boat, and admiring the beauty of the earth, and "god" through this beauty.

So, although you may have given them doubts fill it with something else. Fill the void - encourage your parents to spend more time doing the stuff that THEY want to do - things that they have dreamed of, or put off while being a Jdub - NOT what the JW's force on you to do, and burn up your valuable time on this planet. Encourage them to take that vacation that they always wanted, take them to the mountains, etc., the bounds are limitless...

Like I said, it is good to get them out of a cult, ANY cult, as it is self destructive, and when your on your death bed you may have doubts, at which point it is too late to change anything. Encourage them to still believe in "god" if thats what it takes to add comfort to their lives, HOWEVER, seek alternative activities to take up their time so that they can appreciate and ENJOY life in their old age - nothing worse than questioning everything you believed and did while on your death bed - better to go out thinking you did all that you humanly could, with NO regrets...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit