As A Witness Did You Typically Feel Guilty?

by minimus 21 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Guilt & control....that's what The Organization aims for.

• Cthulhu
    Cthulhu

Guilty, useless, and never able to fully live up to what I was supposed to be doing.

• minimus
    minimus

And they wonder why JWs are always discouraged.

• trueblue
    trueblue

I think tee'd off is more how I felt, when I descovered they wanted more than what I could do. I know I did the best I can, and if they can not understand that then they have bad fruit.

Concider their place and the wicked one will be no more...

• mimimimi
    mimimimi

Always, always. I could not sleep at night for thinking of all I needed to be doing in "Jehovah's organization". Life is good now without all that shit.

• Leprechaun
    Leprechaun

Yeah, everyday felt pretty much the same as it did, while in my fourth grade class I had to say NO to Santa, when he gave me a little sack full of yummies for Christmas. What a bunch of BS to do to a little kid.

• Meeting Junkie No More
    Meeting Junkie No More

Not just guilty - bloodguilty! That's all I remember hearing - the scripture about how if we didn't continually warn others of the impending cataclysm, their blood would be on our heads. Imagine living like that meeting to meeting - having that tripe pounded into your head 3+ times per week... GLAD TO BE RID OF IT!

• minimus
    minimus

WOW!

What a job this religion does on people!

• Satanus
    Satanus

I used to feel relief, when i went in the field circus, cuz i didn't feel guilty then. Told myslef, as i had been told, that it was the most important work on the earth.

S

• minimus
    minimus

It's like we were always trying to tell ourselves what we doing was all worth it. But we knew.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit