Can anyone help me out here?

by HyTech 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Mum
    Mum

I agree with Radar and Shimmer.

If they offer "help" to assist you to no longer be a JW, tell them you don't need their help. Then tell them to take a hike or you will call the police. After all, if they are at your front door, they are on your private property without your permission.

Seize the day, and put the least possible trust in tomorrow. - Horace

I have learned to live each day as it comes and not to borrow trouble by dreading tomorrow. - Dorothy Dix

• Mulan
    Mulan

I loved your reply "Is that a trick question?"

Our tactic is always answer a question with a question: "why do you ask?" "am I being accused of something?" "who made this accusation?" Do NOT answer their questions. They don't deserve an answer.

You can tell them, like you did, that 'this is a bad time', and 'come back on Sunday morning about 11', and then don't be home. Keep doing that, and be sure you insist they call first.......'don't drop in on me without notice'. Get caller ID and don't answer the phone.

Marilyn (a.k.a. Mulan)

• Will Power
    Will Power

Has anyone ever called the WT to a JC?
    Marked them, publicly reproved them in the KH?
    DF'd them first?
    This seems to be the most sensible & "civil" action.
    The reason wouldn't have to be scriptural, just that the borg gives the human race a bad name!

• Will Power
    Will Power

P.S.
    The reason wouldn't have to be scriptural, just that the borg gives the human race a bad name!
    Nice, well meaning, mild mannered, naive, witnesses included!

• ISP
    ISP

Hy Tech...I wouldn't mind if you could keep us posted as to developments! It all depends if you want to get DA'd or not. I think they can DA you if you say you do not want to be a 'JW' in front of 2 elders. There is no Judicial hearing...just an announcement that you are to be considered a DA'd. It may have consequences with family. If that is not a problem..I guess you hardly care what they do!

ISP

• LDH
    LDH

Tell em if they come back or call, you'll be taking some steps of your own.

Assholes.

Lisa

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

something like 5000 Romanian (or some such country)had a judicial commitee on the Wathctower Bible and Tract Society, found them guilty of apsotasy, and disfellowshipped them. Just to be on the safe side, they changed THEIR names to the 'real jehovah's witnesses' or something like that.

I laughed so hard I almost cried, the first time I heard it. It seems they don't treat their women and children much better, I'm afraid, but it's a start.

* http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=13303&site=3#159338

* http://the-true-jw.oltenia.ro/index.html

Can't keep a good Romanian down...

In 1975 a crack team of publishers was sentenced to death by a judicial commiteee. They promptly escaped from the cult and now live life on the run. If you have a problem ... and if you can find them ... maybe you can contact the A--postate Team"

• CPiolo
    CPiolo

Hi Tech:

As others have already asked, "What do you want to do?" If you have friends and family in the organinzation you might want to tread lightly. If these elders continue to press and you find no way to avoid answering, you might try the reply someone described a JW sister who owned a bed and breakfast owner used when questioned about her decorations during the Christmas season. She said they were "seasonal decorations" with a wink, implying they weren't from "those traditions" that Witnesses don't practice.

Otherwise, you have no obligation whatsoever to answer any of their questions. I'd just keep putting them off myself with: "Sorry gentlemen, I just don't have time for this right now. I'm quite busy with work and family matters. Perhaps you could drop by in another three years and I might have time then."

CPiolo

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit