Can anyone help me out here?

by HyTech 17 Replies latest jw friends

• HyTech
    HyTech

I was getting the kids ready for bed last night and I heard the doorbell ring. It was about 7:30 and I had no idea who it could be. I opened the door and 2 elders from our hall were standing there. They said they just happened to be driving by and notice the christmas lights outside and were wonderinf if we had decided to start celebrating this holiday. I politely asked them if this was a trick question and they proceeded to tell me that as a witness, we were not to participate in these 'traditions'. I have not been to a meeting in over 3 years. My wife hasn't either. Why are they coming around now? Does this have anything to do with the recent elders meeting and those who are just trying to fade away? I told them I did not have the time to talk to them right now and would get back to them at a later time. They told me that if I did not want to be a witness anymore (huh?, after 3 years you think they would have figured this out) that they could take the steps to help me out in this area. Can anyone think of any scriptural reason they have for disfellowshipping me and my wife? I would appreciate any suggestions on this matter.

• Frenchy
    Frenchy

HyTech.
    You will be disfellowhshipped on the grounds of apostasy. Forget Scriptural grounds because what will be used here is the Society's INTERPRETATION of the Scriptures. There will be no discussion as to what the Scriptures mean, you will be TOLD what they mean. The discussion will only be about whether or not you intend to continue this course of action. Unless you cease and desist and show repentance for your 'sins' you and your wife will be disfellowshipped.

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

Well, a SCRIPTURAL reason? They're probably thinking of the JW ORG reason. They probably will try to disfellowship you now. I don't know much, but my wife and I are just faded, and they won't letup. In fact, they're trying even harder now.

I hope everything works out for you. Just pay attention to your family. They're the most important in this.

ashi

• JT
    JT

Frenchy well put my man-

---------------

Hytech asked:

Can anyone think of any scriptural reason they have for disfellowshipping me and my wife?
    ----------

I don't know how much time at this point in your life you want to look into wt issues, but from your question it appears that you are not aware of alot of things about the WT-

I highly encourage you to take advantage of the NET this way- you and your family will be able to find some peace of mind instead of worrying about whether wt can find a "Scriptual" reason to DF you

with just alittle research on the net you and the wife will quickly learn that the Bible has very little to do with the WT-

so READ READ AND READ somemore has always been my suggestions and this NET "THANG" is the key

welcome-

james

PS

you may want to ask how best to handle the elders here on the net the advice you will get will blow you away

• Julie
    Julie

:I highly encourage you to take advantage of the NET this way- you and your family will be able to find some peace of mind instead of worrying about whether wt can find a "Scriptual" reason to DF you

Yes, JT is SO right on this. Getting curious after suddenly starting to be pressured to join, after a very long period of studying with no pressure at all, I went on to the net and found out how very right my suspicions of this organization were.

Read and learn, it is a wise investment of your time.

Regards,
    Julie

• BritBoy
    BritBoy

Hytech,

Hunny, lovely one...Xmas lights in your window? That's the least of your worries! Do you go down on your wife? If you have Xmas lights up then that gives the Elders permission to ask ALL kinds of probing questions and they will continue to ask you these questions until they find the "answer" they are looking for!! Then they are free to DF you and your wife without guilt!!

I'll have FAR greater problems with the elders should they ever find out about what I have got up to (Read my post "The poofs attend a meeting) LOL!!!

Brit

• Englishman
    Englishman
    Do you go down on your wife?

I think it's OK if you use Cling-Film.

Englishman.

Bring on the dancing girls!

• Frenchy
    Frenchy

HyTech:
    What is it that you and your wife want? Do you want/need to remain in the org at the present time? Or is it that you simply don't want the stigma of being df'd hanging over your heads?

If you intend on doing such things as celebrating Christmas or smoking, or any such activity that is easily seen by other witnesses then you need to realize that you will be df'd. If you want to avoid that action you will need to be much more careful in the future.

In any event, you need to realize that you will not be able to 'argue' or discuss your way out Scripturally for those actions deemed df'ing offenses by the Society.

I am truly sorry for your predictament. --Freedom is never free. Talking about it helps for most so please feel free to talk to the board.

• radar
    radar

Hy Tech

Just inform the elders that you regarded their visit as harrasment, and if there is anymore nonsense you will take legal action.

They will not press the matter further or try to disfellowship you.

Radar

• Shimmer
    Shimmer

I wonder, is it possible to get a restraining order against them?

Shimmer

You only live once---but if you work it right, once is enough.
    ---Joe E. Lewis

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit