Do the "top" men in the WTBTS go in field service?

by HappyGuy 16 Replies latest jw friends

• HappyGuy
    HappyGuy

I read in a letter from Walter Salter to J. F. Rutherford that Salter states that Rutherford does not go in field service and Salter admonishes Rutherford to start going in field service so that he will "know what you are talking about".

I found this a bit surprising.

So, I want to ask anyone who knows the inner workings at the HQs. Do the top men go in field service? By top men I mean the Governing Body, the society president, treasurer,secretary, the board of directors?

If they don't go in field service do they count their time based on public lectures, writing books, etc?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

................ ...OUTLAW

• White Dove
    White Dove

If anyone questioned them about it, I'm sure they would be put to work scrubbing toilets with a toothbrush. You do NOT question the F&DS! EVER!

• dissed
    dissed

I wonder if they turn in time slips?

Br Secretary to a GB member in his congregation.

"Br GB member, I noticed you didn't turn in a time slip for the past 6 months. Technically, that makes you inactive"

Actually, when I was at Bethel, (the 70's) one brother I worked with, had a GB in his congregation and the GB member would drive them in service from time to time. As to this GB, I can't speak for them.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I imagine that somewhere along the way, they ruled that their "publisher cards" should be kept in the inner chamber as everything they do is "service" (even taking a crap so that some brother can feel good about wiping their ass). I imagine that they don't have to report to anyone. They are the cult leaders afterall.

• TMS
    TMS

JT, the former Bethelite who used to post in this forum, spoke of a young Bethelite's responsibility to purchase a Sunday New York Times for Brother Knorr and other GB members at the time. and deliver them personally to their Bethel apartment doors. Knorr and his cronies were in bathrobe and slippers Sunday morning while the JW rank and file preached.

tms

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

I personally saw Lyman Swingle doing street work in Brooklyn Heights on many occasions.

• tenyearsafter
    tenyearsafter

I recall Ray Franz mentioning in COC that field service was not considered necessary for the majority of the GB. The rationale was that they had so many important theocratic responsibilities that it was not a good use of their time...does anyone else recall that?

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

a young Bethelite's responsibility to purchase a Sunday New York Times .....and deliver them personally to their Bethel apartment doors.

Then the young Bethel brother could either come in for awhile and visit the GB member in his bathrobe, or he could count the time it took to get and deliver the papers- his choice.

• yesidid
    yesidid

Ted Jaracz did. Guess he doesn't now.

y

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit