Welcome WOL Refugees

by Thirdson 11 Replies latest jw friends

• Thirdson
    Thirdson

A trip to WOL.com will only present you with a farewell notice. Big Ray writes:

". It saddens me to have to close the site, however, doing so will also help me to improve my own circumstances that have been so hard for me to deal with recently."

I hope Ray's personal situation gets resolved. In the meantime to all WOL refugees and long time WOL lurkers, welcome to this board. Sign-up make yourself known and join our community. It may not be the JW safe-haven you were used to but you are free to express yourself without fear of being abused, banned, and made to feel unworthy by moderators. (I can't vouch for some posters but at least you can fight back!)

Join the fun, after all, "where else can you go?"

Thirdson

• COMF
    COMF

Anybody know Big Ray's circumstances? Is he talking about personal issues, or is he perhaps experiencing a heightened level of cognitive dissonance?

COMF

PS Welcome, indeed, to the suddenly homeless.

• slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster

I still stand by my assumption that a CO, DO or PO got wind of his little "endeavour" and shut him down.

Slipnslidemaster:"In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is."
    - Jan L.A. van de Snepscheut

• Esmeralda
    Esmeralda

Let me join the welcome wagon here and also offer my greeting to those who find themselves up the creek without a discussion board.

What you read here will most likely at times shock, inspire, scare, surprise, help and teach you. Even if you only feel up to lurking at first, just keep reading. You'll see that some of the guys around here really make sense! (pointing at Thirdson and COMF)

Even the ones who don't make sense can be entertaining at times!(pointing to self) *lol*

Welcome aboard!

Esmeralda

"Anyone perfect must be lying,
    anything easy has its cost."
    ~BNL

• ISP
    ISP

Yup welcome WOL'ers! Most of us don't bite too hard!

ISP

• Farkel
    Farkel

Big Ray stated:

"It saddens me to have to close the site, however, doing so will also help me to improve my own circumstances that have been so hard for me to deal with recently."

Closing site = improves Big Ray's circumstances that have been hard to deal with recently.

Not closing site = won't improve Big Ray's circumstances that have been hard to deal with recently and possibly, may even make them worse.

Ergo,

Site = contributes to or at least gets in the way of Big Ray's circumstances that have been hard to deal with recently.

Therefore, without the site, Big Ray is better off. He said so. However, that site was created to not incur Jehovah's displeasure but to give glory to Jehovah as defined by his earthly representatives.

But that purpose didn't work so, therefore:

a) Jehovah has not blessed that site.
    b) The Watchtower Society has not blessed that site.

That site is closing. Fact. Therefore,

a) Jehovah is pissed.
    b) The Watchtower Society is pissed.
    c) Big Ray is Pissed
    d) ????
    e) ????
    f) ????
    g) Santa Claus is pissed

Hard to figure this one out. These little exercises are always fun. I'm sure I've missed a whole host of possibilities, like "Big Ray can't pay his rent, because he's putting all his money in his site," and stuff like that.

Sorry, folks. We ex-dubs LEARNED to speculate about all sorts of stuff because we sucked at the nipple of the greatest speculators imaginable: the Watchtower Bible and Speculation Corporation.

Farkel, who's wondering which millionare's home and Ferraris he will confiscate after armageddon, after he cleans up the body parts from around the property and in the cars

"I didn't mean what I meant."

• teejay
    teejay

I still stand by my assumption that a CO, DO or PO got wind of his little "endeavour" and shut him down.

Funny, Slip... in a sad kinda way.

If you're right, what do you wanna wager that ol' Big Ray'll be rambling on by here before summer? And you know what? He'll be welcomed!!

Come, Big Ray!! Come, Lord... er... uh... nevermind...

• Thirdson
    Thirdson

This is a proposed WOL replacement assistant hosted by a person named Mindmelda. He's been touting his public board on other sites. It is on the Delphi boards and called Paradise Friends. I'll post a direct link when I find the site again (different PC at the moment)

You talk about anything you like as long as anything you like is the same as the moderators version of anything you like. This is the list of rules:

Paradise Friends

This forum is for Jehovah's Witnesses to come talk about whatever they want. This forum is not for bashers, flamers, trolls or anyone who has bitterness. All others welcome!

Please take the time to read this start page. Thanks!

Forum Rules:

1. No bashing. Bash and you will be banned forever. Come back and bash more under an alias and your message will be sent to [email protected]. If you think that is unfair, find another forum, as you are not the type of person wanted in this forum.

2. No flaming.

3. Bitterness is not allowed either. Its okay to vent about the bad day your having, but if you have a deep personal problem that manifests itself with the posts you type, and disrupts the peacfulness of this forum, you will be gagged, or banned.

4. There will be no complaining about the watchtower organization, elders, brothers or sisters. If you even ONCE do this, you will be banned. This public forum is not the place to cast that kind of information. Please work your problems out through the proper channels.

5. No use of obsenities allowed. You will be gagged or banned immediatly.

Your Forum Host is: MaryG26
    Forum Assistant Manager is: Mindmelda

*** End of quote ***

It might ne worth a look. I sure some people will infiltrate the site and get banned after their explosive post.

Thirdson

• Prisca
    Prisca

I'd like to welcome the WOL refugees because this forum (jw.com) was the one I went to after witnet closed down. Sure this place isn't all sweetness and nice like WOL was made to be, but it is also a place where you can find great information on the WTS and share experinces with others who understand where you have been.

I would encourage any WOL refugees to come out and let us know you are here. And I would hope the regulars here won't make fun of anyone just because they come from WOL. After all, I used to be a regular on WOL - anyone got a problem with that????

• COMF
    COMF

I don't see the point of a kamikaze flame post on a place like that. It gets deleted and you get banned, and maybe 10 people read it. Big deal.

Wouldn't it be more inventive and fun to parody witness life? To become the terminally correct MS, or the perpetually positive airhead pioneer sister? No matter how positive a post is, Sister Vacuous can outdo it for cheer and goodwill. No matter how accurate a statement may be, Brother Spock knows more information on it, or has a timely admonition about blind obedience to the slave.

That would be the route I would take, if I did fake names on boards... which I don't.

GatoCat SatanSpawn COMF

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit