Great Video: Why you should never talk to the police, even when you are innocent and did nothing wrong..

by Elsewhere 34 Replies latest jw friends

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Even if you are innocent and did nothing wrong... do not talk to the police!

Great video!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8z7NC5sgik

• White Dove
    White Dove

Whew! That's some auctioneer.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Overcome by listeners fatigue, i gave up at about a third of the way through. Maybe, if a person could play it at half speed.

S

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

he talks to fast,

i cant listen that fast!!!!!!

but i get the gyst, keep your mouth shut.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Slow him down to 33 1/3 and maybe I could get something out of this.

My ears don't work that fast.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

I think the words of Richard Feynman can be aplied here :

"Just shut up and calculate"

In other words even though this guy is talking too fast to understand all the reason why not to talk to the cops follow his advice and::: shut the hell up::: and figure out why later you will save your ass a whole lot of problems.

• tenyearsafter
    tenyearsafter

I think that this video is belaboring the obvious. Everyone has the right to not answer questions asked by the police. If you are under arrest and given your Miranda rights, all you have to say is you don't want to answer questions and that is the end of the story. The single biggest landmine people under suspicion run into is that of voluntary or spontaneous statements. Those can and will be used against you if incriminating...you'd be amazed how many people feel the need to bare their soul.

I think this lawyer might be taking it a bit to the extreme...what if the questions are for the purpose of investigating a crime that you are the victim of...are you going to "dummy up" and not talk to the police investigating? I think that might not work to your best advantage. Unless you plan on taking the law into your own hands, there is no reason to not speak to police if you are a victim.

My advice...use common sense and stay out of compromising situations!

TYA

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

those who can't keep up usually have a low IQ

• Fatfreek
    Fatfreek

That is a good one, Elsewhere. I would have never believed it.

Part 2 is good as well.

Len

ps: They are both lengthy and on a slow connection (my satellite isp is at 0.5 mbps.) will take far more than the 21 minutes of each video.

• Opus92
    Opus92

I love those videos.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit