Where did YHWH Originate?

by cameo-d 14 Replies latest watchtower bible

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Several Biblical scholars have suggested that Yahweh originated with a group known as the Shasu, Canaanite nomads from southern Transjordan. An Egyptian inscription at Karnak from the time of Pharaoh Amenhotep III (1390-1352 B.C.E. ) refers to the "Shasu of Yhw," evidence that this god was worshiped among some of the Shasu tribes at this time. [2]

The Exodus story tells us that the Israelites had not been worshipers of Yahweh—at least by that name—before the time of Moses. The revelation of the name to Moses was made at Sinai/Horeb, a mountain sacred to Yahweh,...

http://www.newworldencyclopedia.org/entry/Yahweh

In a "nutshell," it is my understanding that Yahweh is an amalgam, a conflation or fusion of various and sundry earlier gods and goddesses, having absorbed their functions, epithets and achievements. That is to say the Latin Motto found on the coins and currency of the United States of America, E PLURIBUS UNUM, "From Many, One," appropriately describes Yahweh-Elohim.

Gods fused into Yahweh's persona are the Sumerian Enki (Akkadian/Babylonian Ea), Enlil (Ellil), An (Anu), Utu (Shamash), _and_ the Egyptian Hyksos' god Baal Saphon (Baal Hadad) as well as Seth (Seth/Set being assimilated to Baal Saphon) and Sopdu of Egypt, said Egyptian gods surfacing in altered form in the Exodus traditions...

http://www.bibleorigins.net/YahwehYawUgarit.html

• jeremiahjs
    jeremiahjs

YHWH never was originated. He has always been and always will be. It's written all those calling on his name will be saved, the devil does not want us calling on God's name so he has hidden it almost to the point where we cant find it.

• awildflower
    awildflower

Read Gregg Braden's The God Code. He has a fantastic take on those Hebrew letters and where they came from and ultimately what they mean....wf

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

awildflower,

Instead of telling me to go read a book I do not have....why don't you contribute some gem of value to the thread?

Why don't you give us a few words from your book that have influenced your thinking?

• peacedog
    peacedog

The Pleiades

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

peacedog.....why so vague? Give me some WT documentation on that.

• peacedog
    peacedog

Sorry, I thought it was common knowledge ;)

Reconciliation 1928 p.14

The constellation of the seven stars forming the Pleiades appears to be the crowning center around which the known systems of the planets revolve even as our sun's planets obey the sun and travel in their respective orbits. It has been suggested, and with much weight, that one of the stars of that group is the dwelling-place of Jehovah and the place of the highest heavens;.......The constellation of the Pleiades is a small one compared with others which scientific instruments disclose to the wondering eyes of man. But the greatness in size of other stars or planets is small when compared with the Pleiades in importance, because the Pleiades is the place of the eternal throne of God

• booby
  • cameo-d
    cameo-d

Peacedog,

Thank you. Does WT still stick to that story? Do they still teach that Jehovah lives in the Pleiades?

• peacedog
    peacedog

cameo-d,

As I understand it, Jehovah has left the Pleiades. He is no longer tied down to one location. He is currently flying solo; he is footloose and fancy-free. However, current WT$ doctrine stipulates that "Jehovah" has a body, ergo he cannot be in more than one place at the same time, so we can rest assured that he is somewhere..........

peace

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit