The emperor's new clothes? JW know there's something wrong but no one dares admi it/

by artemis.design 11 Replies latest jw friends

• artemis.design
  • artemis.design
    artemis.design

Do you remember the story of the Emperor's new clothes.

Do you see the likeness in JW's organisation?

Surely these people, deep, deep down, can't actually believe this crap?

... world wide flood ... humans only 7,000 year... literal interpretation of Genisis... God about to wipe out 5 billion people???

The coggs must be turning somewhere. Are the majority just afraid to admit it?

Will some one ever shout, he aint' go no clothes on! Will they ever realise it's just a sham?

Maybe they will just walk around naked forever.

Arte

• HappyGuy
    HappyGuy

Yes, we actually believed all the crap.

I still shake my head in disbelief that I believed so much of that stuff as being literal. I can remember explaining the "truth" about the necessiy for Armageddon by starting with Adam and Eve and the garden of Eden and saying "Imagine that you have front row seats to the scene in the garden of Eden..."

I don't know what you mean by "deep deep down".

Now that I can think about all these things logically I cannot understand how or why I ever believed them. It is like I woke up from a dream.

• highdose
    highdose

yes but if they speak their mind they wil loose their lifes as they know it, their familes will disown them, their freinds will be gone... everything...

such is the hold of this cult. it takes very brave people to speak out

• shopaholic
    shopaholic

"deep, deep down" I knew it was hogwash for years but was around so many people that seemed to believe I thought something was wrong with me. Also, I was trying not to be destroyed.

Anyway, numerous JWs have serious doubts but think its just a sign of weakness. So glad to be done with all of that.

• compound complex
    compound complex

A belated welcome to the forum, Artemis:

Do you recall who awoke the townfolk from the deception?

[Matthew 21:16, or a rather broad interpretation thereof]

CoCo

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Yes, the whole invisible presence of the emperor's cloths matches the JW messiah's invisible presence.

Don't forget that in the story, nobody acknowledges the scam until the "weavers" have run off with all the money.

Similarly, we are living in the time of fulfillment. We see WT corporation emperor's cloths and the weavers running the scam. However, nobody wants to admit that they're being scammed, wasting time and money until seemingly the whole thing collapses around them.

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

CoCo said:

Do you recall who awoke the townfolk from the deception?

[Matthew 21:16, or a rather broad interpretation thereof]

Beautiful point, Dear CoCo! "Out of the mouths of babes", as it were!

• moshe
    moshe

I like to compare Jim Carey's movie, Majestic, to JW's- because everybody in the movie agrees this guy (Carey) with amnesia is a long dead WW2 soldier, except one guy. Then after Carey gets his memory back, everybody starts telling why they knew he wasn't that soldier all along- they just wouldn't say anything out loud. I think, most JW's know something is rotten in the Org. , but they just won't admit to their brethren that they have any doubts.

• artemis.design
    artemis.design

I can not understand how people can take the bible so literally. I mean, is believing in a literal story about snake, fruit and the garden of eden, any more far fetched than believing the earth rests on elephants? I just find it hard to understand how intelligent people are so gullible. Having said that, I don't care if people belive in the spagetti monster, but being condemed for not believing, that is another matter.

Yes it was the little boy who shouted, he ain't got no clothes on. I wish my JW family could see the similarity.

Arte

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit