QFR..Feb 15 2010. RE Shared Living Accommodation??

by BluesBrother 59 Replies latest watchtower bible

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

I was forced to go back to my ex for a while after I had already left the family home.

I lived in one wing of the house and he got a wing, too.

There was definately NO sex happening.

• divadiow
    divadiow

hmph. after 22 years as a dub and at 26 years of age I now find my boundaries, thoughts and expectations surrounding people that share accomodation and in fact social interaction in general are quite off-kilter. thanks JW crapheads.

• diana netherton
    diana netherton

They're absolutely mad. They make it seem like ANYTIME you're in the presence of someone of the opposite

sex you're clothes are going to fly off and you're going to have sex. Their views remind me of the old Victorian

principles! What a bunch of BS!!! ARGH!

• IMHO
    IMHO

Talking about guest houses.

I heard a story once of 2 brothers who visited a convention and went to the 'rooming' department for accommodation.

They were put in a guest house that was basically a normal home where the owner rent out two bedrooms, and guess what, the other bedroom was rented to two sisters.

And guess what else.... they didn't have sex.

• nugget
    nugget

This article shows how out of touch the organisation is and how they don't truly appreciate the level of hardship they may be imposing on others. If everyone was wealthy then they would no doubt have their own house or apartment, preferably with swimming pool and maid service. I feel for those struggling to make ends meet now guilt ridden because they can't afford their own home.

Soon the society will forbid anyone to share a home with a member of the opposite sex whether they are married or not. I bagsy the house, hubby can have the garage.

• Open mind
    Open mind

Thanks for bumping this divadiow.

Marking for future reference and for Lilycurly, who was looking for this sort of thing on another thread.

om

• jambon1
    jambon1

They like to cover absolutely every aspect of life with the Qu from readers don't they.

How unbelievably & utterly controlling.

• mickahia
    mickahia

To me one aim of these "suggestions" is to keep believers as isolated and lonely as possible. This helps in making people more dependent on the cult.

• independent_tre
    independent_tre

SD-7 stated:

First of all, it is the business of Jehovah's organization to make rules about this. After all, the 'other sheep' are the 'belongings' that Christ has entrusted to the faithful slave. That being said, why not make rules about it?

Actually, that is erroneous thinking and is what happens when "the slave" supercedes Christ's role and teaches that following its edicts or rules is what is most important. Christians who try to make themselves righteous by following of many 'rules' or laws are cursed/doomed. - Galatians 3:11. Christ death had no meaning if man could acheive salvation by following law. - (For if keeping the law could make us right with God, then there was no need for Christ to die. - Gal 2:21 NLT) Also, it was the pharisees who tried to make rule after rule and approached worship in a legalistic manner, and for that they were rejected by Christ.

This WTS has no problem in contriving tons of rules for everyday life that witnesses must obey. And obedience to the 'slave' is repeatedly crammed down their throats. This is how they have arrogated the role of Christ for themselves, since salvation for JWs is found in following the rules of the GB and not in faith.

• independent_tre
    independent_tre

Also, the WT doublespeak is not lost on me. "While it is not up to us to make a long list of rules, but here basically are a long list of rules."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit