QFR..Feb 15 2010. RE Shared Living Accommodation??

by BluesBrother 59 Replies latest watchtower bible

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

"it is not the business of jehovah's organization to provide a list of rules..."

and then they do exactly that by way of explanation of what is acceptable to them.

It is a well known Satanic practice to use self contradictory statements to blur reality. These writers are pros.

"Don't believe any of this; it is all true."

• llbh
    llbh

Why are they worried about what people in the World may think, when they themselves view their lives separate form it, there is a disconnect here.?

Also from what I have seen, divorced couple are just that; divorced, few of them have feelings of sexual attraction, and if they do will often find ways of justifying their dalliance.

The reasons that might cause them to remain in the same house are often economic, so they move apart and make it harder economically, yep that works.

Also how do homosexual couples figure in this??!!

The more I read the WTS the more it seems unconnected to reality, then again i suppose this is thier raison d'etre.

Regards David

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

Huh? The writer starts with the practical matter of providing a roof over one's head, within the context of their economic situation, then jumps right into all the possibilities of doing the deed. Then they obsessively stay there. This smutty minded writer is churning out pure filth. Over here on planet reality, people need to figure out how to keep the cold and rain away, and within a certain budget. Most people could only dream to be having all the sex these smut peddlers are purveying.

• jabberwock
    jabberwock

"A final but no less important matter to take into consideration is how the community views one's choices. Living arrangements that a Christian judges acceptable but that give rise to unfavorable talk in the community would be a cause for concern. Never do we want our conduct to bring Jehovah's name into disrepute."

What about being, "no part of the world," and not allowing our thinking and conduct to be influenced by it?

It seems that Witnesses are supposed to strictly hold to the dictates of the FDS, but if local customs happen to be more restrictive and repressive then those should be followed as well.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Lesbians especially, and gay men to a lesser extent, get a free pass from the WT, it seems.

I have a friend who divorced his wife because she was having sex with her best female friend. I don't think either woman was df'd, just reproved. The sisters swore they wouldn't do it anymore, and then became roomates after the divorce. I think she got the standard primary custody of the son, too. It was a continual source of frustration for my friend, and frankly, from a JW point of view, I could see why it galled him so much.

Anyway, since all straight people are obviously unable to refrain from having sex if alone together for more than 10 minutes, it would seem that to be consistant they would not want bi-sexuals and gay people alone with others either.

But of course if they broached that subject they would have to admit that homosexuality and bisexuality are far more common than they are comfortable admitting to; because if it's common, it's also going to be viewed as natural, eventually.

• HappyGuy
    HappyGuy

wouldnt the fact that JWs were forced to live in cramped quarters because they had been homeless or were facing homelessness while the WTBTS has hundreds of billions in assets tucked away while doing NOTHING to help JWs in need result in unfavorable talk in the community?

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

I guess that if I ever visit Canada, I won't be able to stay with Granny Grace. She might mistake me for Tom Jones.

And I can't believe they didn't mention the importance of not leaving guests alone with your pets!

lucky dog

Oh yeah. Somebody here is getting DFd.

• HappyGuy
    HappyGuy

When I first read this and they were talking about people being homeless and living in cramped quarters, then talking about too much temptation for immorality, I was thinking "OH YES, because when you are homeless and living 3 or 4 to a bedroom the sexual passion just gets so much more heated".

Those senile octagenarians need to be homeless for a while and see what it is like before they write stuipidity like this.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Poor pioneers need to stop thinking about things like their health, their future, what they'll eat today, when they will ever find a marriage mate or a job, and the dream of living indoors. That kind of thinking leads to sexual immorality.

They should learn to be content living in their car in the KH parking lot. Just rely on Jehovah and you'll keep warm and well fed.

Oh, and when your car dies, the congregation will chip in and get you a cardboard box to live in.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

First, a lot of the reason for the economic situation is that the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger banned them from going to college. Now, they are in an economic Depression, which is worse for those with no college. They are also supposed to waste so much time in field circus, preventing them from working full time. And, I have seen children that are unable to make it on their own because of the religion.

Next, I wish it was as easy to get sex as the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger makes it look. I have not found even one single, solitary sex trap--society is, in fact, set up to make it too dangerous for men to even look interested in the opposite sex lest they find themselves getting punished for "harassment"--and, in some places, even a minor violation could result in a "sex offender" status--and, if it is a stupid thing that all people do, they could decide that the risk of repeat "offense" warrants a Level 3 status. All for even looking interested in the opposite sex! How's that for "sex trap"? Betcha the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger never thought of that.

Finally, so what if sex were to happen? What is the worst that could happen if two people got involved in sexual "immorality"? Chances are good that they would find out whether or not they are compatible with each other after the incident, sparing them much in the way of mismatch in marriage (or leading them into a good marriage). I doubt that incest, except within the witlesses where the father may well be a pedophile that will molest his own children or cousins, is a major problem in this country.

Yes, they forgot that a certain percentage of people are homosexual. They make such a big deal about two people of the opposite sex living together. But, what happens if two men who happen to be gay and attracted to each other live together? Notably, this can happen at Beth Hell! Yet, the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger says nothing about that! Two people of the opposite sex and that are both homosexual are about as likely to get involved in "immorality" by living together as two people of the same sex that are attracted to the opposite sex.

As for the community, so what? Are they offended by two people of the opposite sex, not related to each other or married, living together? Unless you live in Virginia (until recently, it was a felony there to do fornication), I don't think so. In my own apartment complex, I have people living next door (that are in their 60s, for the record) that are not married, are of the opposite sex, living together, and sexually active--and I do not give a f*** about that. And neither do most people in the community. Yet, I bet the community would be offended (rightly so) if a pedophile were to show up at their doors peddling religion--yet, the witlesses do nothing to prevent that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit