by recovering 51 Replies latest jw friends

• OUTLAW
  • OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

.............................OUTLAW

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

recovering,

So, if my Mom comes by, be nice to her. She likes to talk, and likes to look at other people's vacation pictures, and she won't stay long.

If Josie's mom comes by... well, do you have any flowerbeds in your yard? And a WalMart nearby to hide any abandoned cars?

And if Josie comes by, you'd better hide all the coffee mugs. Sticky Fingers Josie!

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

lol oh good lord

• creativhoney
    creativhoney

I don't think you need help here, just confirmation of what you already know.

Mother, we are celebrating christmas, and although you are family and welcome to visit, we understand if you would rather use a hotel under the circumstances.

(because lets face it - shes trying to save money on one if she wants little to do with you usually)

- and hey Id be interested in an update on this one.

the last time i saw my mum was a year ago, - that was the day she saw my Xmas tree.

• WuzLovesDubs
    WuzLovesDubs

What she is doing is testing you...if you REALLY loved me like you SAY you do then LETS SEE WHAT YOU ARE WILLING TO DO TO SHOW IT.

Dont. Dont you DARE change ANYTHING. Your wife and kids are your responsibility now and the worst example you can be is a wishy washy one and you stand to hurt your wife to appease your mother. Your wife will still BE THERE when your mother LEAVES you know. So...the choice seems clear to me.

Mom, you know its Christmas Day. You know my wife celebrates that holiday as we all will be. You are welcome to come, but this is my home and you will come with full knowledge of what you will be walking into. If Christmas is offensive to you, I suggest between now and the 25th that you dont shop. Dont get gas. Dont turn on the TV. Dont turn on the radio. Close your curtains so you cant see your neighbors decorations and cover your ears when you go outside in case someone says happy holidays....or are you going to warn THEM that you are coming out and that THEY should not celebrate Christmas either if they want to see YOUR money in their stores?

I love you mom...I dont appreciate you testing my love for you.

• recovering
    recovering

Update:

My mom is not comming for xmas day like she requested. She had insisted that we not celebrate any xmas activities if she did come xmas day. My wife (who was never a witness ) said no way. I told my mom she could come any time but she had to respect our beliefs. The good news is she will come the day after xmas.

• HappyGuy
    HappyGuy

recovering,

you have a smart wife, buy her a nice pair of high heel shoes, my wife says that high heel shoes are the answer to everything

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

So, will you be showing her pictures from the wonderful party with loving family that she could have attended the day earlier?

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Recovering said:

My mom is not coming for xmas day like she requested. She had insisted that we not celebrate any xmas activities if she did come xmas day. My wife (who was never a witness ) said no way. I told my mom she could come any time but she had to respect our beliefs. The good news is she will come the day after xmas.

Good for your WIFE!!!!!! Good for your Mom... and GOOD for YOU!!!!! Thanks for the update!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit