For all dog owners....One happy dog!

by restrangled 16 Replies latest jw friends

• restrangled
    restrangled

I have resisted buying a dog bed, just because they are too expensive. I can slap together some old blankets, sheets etc., and pile them up, and the old boy will happily lay down on them.

Today at Sams Wholesale, I found a bed for $29.00 with a zipper so I can wash the cover. It was a monster to get into the car, stuff in the back seat, and it obstructed all vision. I questioned my self the entire way through the check out line and drive home!!!!!

When I got it in the door, the dog thought it was a new toy, he attacked, dragged it several feet, and then looked at me as if to ask, "What did you want me to do mom?"

He is now so soundly asleep on top of it and snuggled in, I can't get him to come get a snack. Why did I wait so long to get a bed for him?

Some dollars are well spent, and it makes me smile....One happy dog.

r.

• dissed
    dissed

Ok, we did exactly the same thing as you.

Our Lab has been having some hip problems, so we went to Sam's Club today and bought the $29 bed filled with memory foam.

As I am writing, she (Sammy) is snoring away on the bed in front of the fire. (just checked, feet moving now)

It feels good to treat them back, our loyal friends.

Our old Dacshound (General Montgomery) wants one too.

• restrangled
    restrangled

Dissed, it must be the same bed. How I wish I could post a picture of a 100 pound Doberman curled up like a puppy. I rechecked the price, it was 29.00 dollars.

He is in heaven, mine also has hip problems, he was hit by a car when he was 3. It was shattered and he spent months recovering....but that he did! He's going on 8 and is arthritic.

One happy dog, and one happy owner too!

• TD
    TD

I agree.... Money well spent.

• looking4peace
    looking4peace

I love buying my dog toys and gifts. He is so excited and happy with things I bring home for him. Those $29 Sams and Costco beds are as good or better than the pet store versions that sell for up to $300! It's crazy. Dogs definitely leave their blanket and pillow to snuggle on their own fluffy, comfy bed. Money well spent for sure!

• aSphereisnotaCircle
    aSphereisnotaCircle

When I got it in the door, the dog thought it was a new toy, he attacked, dragged it several feet, and then looked at me as if to ask, "What did you want me to do mom?"

I love how dogs do that. Whenever i bring a new bed home for my dog there is always that look he gives me.

"your giving this to me and I can get on it right?" (he's not allowed on any furniture)

I'll tell him "OK" and he will climb on in utter delight.

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

cats sleep where they want.

and smile about it.

lisa

• cantleave
    cantleave

I wish my dog would use his bed. He tips out washing from the laundry basket, makes a nest and sleep on that. I blame the underfloor heating.

• chickpea
    chickpea

my pooches have faux sheepskin pads with eggcrate foam...
    a total b!tch to vacuum, but they are a perfect fit for the area
    they have to be in and readily portable

the girlz love em, esp since the floors are ceramic tile... they do
    snuggle in so happily.... but i am pretty sure the rattling of the
    puppy cookie jar would elicit activity!

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Yup... my kitties like to sleep on the little kitty bed by the warm fireplace.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit