Quick! turn off the TV!

by highdose 11 Replies latest jw friends

• highdose
    highdose

Quick! turn off the TV! they're having sex/ talking about having sex/ swearing/ naked/ drinking too much/ talking about having an imoral lifestyle/ its a ghost story/ theres a witch in it.... bla bla bla

one family i knew turned off the tv pretty much every program because of this one time was because it involved little black cartoon charaters which the father said looked "demonic!"

please get a life!

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

Yeah it's very strange.

Years ago we were not allowed to watch Dr Who, it was demonic, and yet we sat down as a family & watched Bewitched.

very strange

• highdose
    highdose

the most ridiclous programs that i saw get switched off by dubs were: ET, the little mermaid, bednobs and broomsticks, Jane Eyre and Phantomb of the opera

oh and lets not forget fanastia! all those dancing mops! oooowwww! badddd!

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

in 2005 I stayed a short time with my parents, now in their old age, hey I wasn't allowed to watch Stargate, Battlestar Gallactica, Coronation Street (bcoz there was a gay person in it), and a number of other harmless shows, all they seem to watch was the news (with more violence, deception, sex bla bla bla), someone swore on the tv & off it went, it was a race to get to the controls b4 they could swear again.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Now would you be watching this if Jesus was in the room?

• zagor
    zagor

It gets better, this elder from my old congregation wanted everyone stop watching Alf since it was "demonic"!

How about it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2B1QxOmbMZ0

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

Yes I would be if JC was in the room, just another human being.

Probably sit down & watch it too& have a good laugh.

Alf, 4 real wat a dick head

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

I'm off to buy xmas pressies for my neices & nephews (brother still in & so high and mighty) Lord Of The Rings, Harry Potter, Charmed, Buffy, Angel & and any other "demonic" DVDs, that will bring the demons to their door LOL

• iMARX
    iMARX

Hahah I love this thread! My mum used to be soooo stupid with things that came on the TV. In fact me and my brother thought it was so funny that we used to run down the stairs and I'd shout: "Mum, mum, Luke's possessed!" And my brother would act all demonised hahaha. She used to show us scriptures as to why that was not funny. "There's a time to laugh, a time to play etc.."

We weren't allowed to watch Sleeping Beauty, Charmed, Family Guy amongst others. I also really like Christina Aguilera esp. her Merry Christmas Baby because her voice is amazing but mum wouldn't let me listen to it because it was about Christmas.

Yet she used to sit watching Sister Act with us and sang Hail Mary and all those hymns lol

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

We had a part at the assembly once about watchind Seinfeld. I think because of "The Contest" episode.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit