ONE MORE TIME!: Yet another climate post.

by villabolo 28 Replies latest social current

• Robdar
    Robdar
    However important it may be to quantify what the scientist sees common sense should not be frowned at when you're dealing with scientifically uneducated people. Those photos are "baby food" but it will do.

Please supply your credentials of being scientifically educated. I hardly think cutting and pasting makes you scientifically educated. I think you might be a good parrot though.

Oh, and since you are so worried about co2 levels, instead of blowing your horn on this forum, shouldn't you be out planting trees or something?

• Robdar
    Robdar
    Robdar, half mile wide tornadoes and 'once in 500 years' floods that drown cities and destroys bridges and causes a shortage of clean water do not happen all the time. If it did there would be a good chance that you would not be posting. Just let those events increase over the next few decades and this nation will not be able to handle it.

Yeah, 500 year floods do not happen all the time, but they do happen. Half a mile and even mile wide tornadoes do not happen all the time, but they do happen.

I agree with you that something is happening to this planet. I just do not agree (yet) with the reasons you state as to why. I've been around too long to be that easily alarmed. I have seen what the desire for money can cause people to do; however, I believe we should keep the earth clean. We should do it because we love our home.

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

I'm not sure if anyone's heard of this, but it seems to be rather significant, considering that the Copenhagen Conference is coming up. It seems to be being downplayed in the news media, but being touted as the most significant scientific scandal in history. "Climategate" as it's been named allegedly involves a collusion of scientists who have altered true data over the past decade or so to show that global warming is caused by man. The emails, documents and letters were obtained by someone who hacked into a climatology research lab and released them on the Internet. I dunno.. you decide:

http://www.pjtv.com/?cmd=browse-events&event-id=1913&tab=4

CG

• JWoods
    JWoods

Thank GOD my air cooled Porsche 993 did not freeze up.

• Robdar
    Robdar
    Thank GOD my air cooled Porsche 993 did not freeze up.

LOL. This is truly a reason to thank the lord.

"Are you single," she asked flirtatiously.

• JWoods
    JWoods

Well, yes. Yes, as a matter of fact, I should happen to be....he replied smoothly.

• metatron
    metatron

OK, "one more climate post".

The collusion, denial of real peer review and dishonesty manifest in Climategate means that almost nothing about warming predictions can be trusted. No graphs. No stats. Credibility has to be re-established.

Sure, if you take a trip to Greenland, the natives will tell you about a warming pattern. No problem.

But the predictions, the forecasts of doom and gloom are not justified. It's just speculation. It should be clear (and from the e-mails as well) that scientists don't know all of the factors involved or potential causes of cooling.

"Science" has become corrupt - not only in the climate area but also in things like 'cold fusion' and especially in pharmacological research. I recall one medical authority proclaiming publically that you couldn't trust any drug data anymore.

We need jail time and fines for those involved in fraud. We need a thorough reform of all research internationally.

metatron

• villabolo
    villabolo

Metatron: "Sure, if you take a trip to Greenland, the natives will tell you about a warming pattern. No problem."

Metatron, you should include in your itinerary Siberia, Alaska and Canada which have plenty of natives with plenty to say.

But the predictions, the forecasts of doom and gloom are not justified. It's just speculation. It should be clear (and from the e-mails as well) that scientists don't know all of the factors involved or potential causes of cooling.

The scientists that I've read do not pretend to be know it alls but, based on the information they have, there's plenty to worry about. Also, we don't need scientists to determine that the majority of glaciers from around the world are receeding. There are plenty of photographs, some going back 150 years, that will testify to that.

villabolo

• Robdar
    Robdar
    Well, yes. Yes, as a matter of fact, I should happen to be....he replied smoothly.

Hmmm. May I present my business card, buy you a martini, and perhaps send you a pm?

• glenster

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit