Rocky Horror

by wonderwoman77 15 Replies latest social entertainment

• wonderwoman77
    wonderwoman77

I love this movie. We watched the DVD last night and the outtakes and the funny stuff they have from it. It was great....

• Will Power
    Will Power

I saw this show live, 4th row from front, in a small theatre in Toronto back in late 70's (I think) with Richard from movie as Riff Raff, before I'd even heard of it. Pretty bazaar back then
    Been hooked on the music ever since.
    I love tim curry

• COMF
    COMF

I saw it once. That was enough to last several years. I might consider watching it again sometime, if only to remind myself why once was enough. Or perhaps to see the young, under-500-pounds Meatloaf again (to remind myself why I don't have any Meatloaf CDs).

COMF

• zerubberballz
    zerubberballz

Hi Wonderwoman,

I saw the Rocky Horror Picture Show live at the Lyric Theatre several years ago. Seeing it so long after its release was a time slip but still great fun.

unclebruce

===

COMF you uncooth slob .. meatloaf rocks! I loved the thing he did with the Chef on the South Park Album .. besides, isn't "bat out of hell" the greatest selling rock album in the solar system? Kinky Freidman eat yer heart out ;)

unclebruce

• COMF
    COMF

Unk... ask anybody under 20 who Meatloaf is. See if you can find one who knows.

COMF

PS Of course, the same is prolly true of the Fried-man, too... only you don't need an age limit for that 'un.

COMF

• rhett
    rhett

Hate the movie. Can't stand watching it at home by myself. Absolutely love seeing it love in large groups!!!!! One of the most fun nights of my life included going to large (as in hundreds of people) showing of it and the night didn't end until about 10am the next morning. I still get warm thoughts thinking about it.

I don't need to fight
    To prove I'm right
    I don't need to be forgiven.

• Will Power
    Will Power

PARADISE BY THE DASH BOARD LIGHT

• julien
    julien

I love the movie and the soundtrack. And Bat our of Hell is a great album!

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

I love TRHPS too - and it is far better to see it in a theater with people in costume acting out the major roles and EVERYBODY talking back to the screen!

To me it often seems like two movies - with the "seduction scene being the start of the second , but that's just me...

Here's a little apropos Meatloaf for y'all:

Praying for the End of Time

Boy:
    I couldn't take it any longer
    Lord I was crazed
    And when the feeling came upon me
    Like a tidal wave
    I started swearing to my god and on my mother's grave
    That I would love you to the end of time
    I swore that I would love you to the end of time!

So now I'm praying for the end of time
    To hurry up and arrive
    Cause if I gotta spend another minute with you
    I don't think that I can really survive
    I'll never break my promise or forget my vow
    But God only knows what I can do right now
    I'm praying for the end of time
    It's all that I can do
    Praying for the end of time, so I can end my time with you!!!

Boy:
    It was long ago and it was far away
    and it was so much better than it is today

Girl:
    It never felt so good
    It never felt so right
    And we were glowing like
    The metal on the edge of a knife

• Mum
    Mum

"Rocky" is my favorite movie. We have a showing of it every year in the amphitheater in a downtown park. People bring birdseed (in lieu of rice) to throw during the wedding scene, newspaper (to cover heads when it starts "raining" from the squirt bottles that many people bring), flashlights (for the scene when Janet sings "There's a Light"). A theater troupe from somewhere in California comes and performs. There is a costume contest, too.

If anyone wants to attend next July, get in touch with me, and we'll have a great time!

Seize the day, and put the least possible trust in tomorrow. - Horace

I have learned to live each day as it comes and not to borrow trouble by dreading tomorrow. - Dorothy Dix

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit