did you find the dubs were always late?

by highdose 12 Replies latest jw friends

• logic
    logic

Sometimes there are really good reasons for being late, and for responsible people that is very

seldom. But on the other hand there are those who are never, never, on time. You can be

late for everything else if you want but if you are late for an appointment with me you will

find me gone when you finally get there. It is just plain rude to expect a person to wait around

on you to show up when you feel like it. Being on time is just a matter of self disipline. I also

think it is a generation thing . When I was younger being late was almost unheard of. My own

40 year old kids are habitually late, so if I want them to be at my house at a certain time I just move the

time up an hour then they have to wait on me.

• blondie
    blondie

I found lateness a quality of elders and also no so "highly regarded" jws. It was a facet of their personality rather than a facet of their status.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Different congo's definitely had different customs for punctuality..

When I used to travel to give Public Talks, sometimes we were sat in the car outside the Hall with 10 mins to go before anybody local turned up .and they would trickle in after I had started..(Having missed my brilliant introduction lol) My wife's current congo are very good and get it open sometimes 30 mins early and only one or two ever come late.

Socially ? I don't know. We were never very sociable, but I do not remember there being a problem

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit