"True Christians Give Out of Love"

by dig692 11 Replies latest watchtower bible

• dig692
    dig692

sometimes the only time of year a parent can afford to get their chiild something is at Christmas, because of all the sales. i just wish JWs could understand that instead of getting all crazy about what the roots of the holiday are.

it makes me think about charity work as well. i never understood why they didn't allow that. i never read any scriptures on Jehovah hating those who help feed people or clothe them or give them something to make them feel just a tiny bit happier at least for a little while. Jesus focused mainly on preaching, yeah I get that, but if he saw a poor family with nothing to eat I doubt he would just give them a sermon and walk off leaving them hungry.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Also, giving out of love does not involve getting rid of crap that otherwise would be trash. If something has reached the end of its life or is not suited for its intended purpose in the first place, it is better to throw it out instead of giving it to someone so they can deal with the problems. And this is especially true if there are implied strings attached ("You now owe it to us to remain faithful to Jehovah, since we gave you all this stuff) and/or you are going to be boasting about how generous you were.

True giving out of love means giving something that the recipient has use for. It does not imply any indebtedness to return anything, nor is the primary motive so you can boast about it. The primary motive is to help the recipient in a practical way or to make them happier in some way, not to use guilt at a later time to remain in an organization or to give something back. And, the item should be of high enough quality so the recipient can actually use it, not some crap you are looking to get rid of anyway and will likely become a headache for the recipient.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit