Welcome to the forum, "Bsmart".

by leavingwt 11 Replies latest jw friends

• bsmart
    bsmart

Not a chance. Not all that smart at all.

But I am a reader, I was that kid who always had their nose in a book. Nancy Drew mysteries or the encyclopedia, it didn't matter... of course I read the Awakes and other publications that way too. Non discriminating, anything or everything it seemed. Even my dad's popular science magazines. So I was prepped to look for answers when I had questions, not always in the publications. I did know there was a world out there that was not as bad as the sisters would say. Ah the glamour of the "world".

So I left home and went to community college for a years training. Got a job and didnt look for a congregation close to the hospital where I worked. I was doomed, I made friends and saw a bit of the world.

My family would let me know when they were going to a convention, did I want to go along?. Occaisionaly I did, but only check in with a few girls who I had grown up with. It was making less and less sense, I felt no compunction to witness about any of it at all. The witnesses are so good at tearing down the other religions, but they also show you the way to do it to their own. You just analyze the witnesses the same way and it is so easy to see their shortcomings. The trouble was I wanted them to be right. Who wouldn't want to live forever?

Marriage and a family... along comes the internet. Confirmation in a heartbeat of all the things I knew were not right all along. From hundreds of sources. And here I am.

BSmart

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

Hi, Bsmart!!

Please stick around!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit